Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed on my new 08' Teryx. Install took about 3 hours using lift and pneumatic tools. Some minor tweeks and mods needed, but all in all a great kit that results in very good rear ground clearance (true clearance) as well as very good appealing final look.

Attachments

·
383 Posts
Looks pretty high for sure. Does the kit require you to turn the rear shock inside out, or is there a different reason.:good:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it doesn't require that. We decided to do that since we had room, to better protect the resevoirs on the shocks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
it would seem to me that it will put undue stress on the cv joints being at that sharp of an angle all the time.
I made my own 2" lift and whith my rig loaded with the necessary riding supplies and equipment i figure it settles it down some , so far no issues.
I did have to turn my rear shocks but then again i did build the lift kit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
28" Gorillas....took it to the Mud Nats this weekend and it was incredible. Excellent lift, I highly recommend...

·
Registered
139 Posts
it would seem to me that it will put undue stress on the cv joints being at that sharp of an angle all the time.
I made my own 2" lift and whith my rig loaded with the necessary riding supplies and equipment i figure it settles it down some , so far no issues.
I did have to turn my rear shocks but then again i did build the lift kit.
As long as those axels can stay under 33 degrees they will be fine. The only other strain on them is the torque and tires.

·
Registered
139 Posts
28" Gorillas....took it to the Mud Nats this weekend and it was incredible. Excellent lift, I highly recommend...
Mud nats was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
526 Posts
How many people did they have this year? Was it to crowded to get around? How was the power line area? Were you able to go down from one end of the power line to the other end?

·
Registered
139 Posts
How many people did they have this year? Was it to crowded to get around? How was the power line area? Were you able to go down from one end of the power line to the other end?
powerline is where the party was saturday night, hardly anyone at the sandpit. We started at the top of the highline at 9:30 and got to the sand pit at 2am...lol. Got back to camp at 6am. More there this year than last year I would say around 15 to 17,000

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea it sure was.....man that place can sure kill a bike though if you get too stupid. I cannot count how many broken axles, dumped bikes, etc that we saw. My buddy is on You Tube..he completely SUBMERGED his Rex in about 12' of water....got it running the next day but it was a chore and it's still got issues. I'll post the link to the video later...crazy and lucky they are both alive to be honest. Catvos lift stood up perfectly though and I did some pretty crazy stuff with it too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where can I get this lift. I'm running the extreme 2" with 30" mudzillas and I want more ground clearance. We got alot stumps and crap to hang up on here in S.C.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts