Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i put on a new cdi box do i have to put a carb kit also.which box is better and will it over rev my machine?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Chances are you won't have to re-jet. Some peoples Teryx are on the edge of being lean from the factory which is very rare and the advanced timing curve pushes it over the edge of being lean and they develop a miss in the upper 20 mph range.

You are hearing a lot about a jet kit because a lot of guys are buying ours and it is really helping them in the low to midrange and this mod is the natural progression in mods.

Regardless of whose decal is on it, all the CDI's for the Teryx are a Dynatek.

You simply need to choose who can support you after the sale.

By the way, we double the warranty.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I haven't done any modifications to mine yet, but have been on this site about 5 months now & have heard good & bad about many products/venders. I think you can count on anything Todd at Hunterworks tells you. He's just about the only one I know who thoroughly tests products & will sell only what he finds to be good & then he'll back it up with tech support after the sale. He will get my business for that reason alone. And no.....he's not my nephew!:laugh:

·
Registered
121 Posts
You're welcome. Diesel & some of the others on here are also very knowledgeable & they will give you good polite answers to any questions you have. I knew nothing 5 months ago & heck, now I know twice that. Whoops.....2X nothing is still nothing:)

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is there is some mid-range issues I have heard...this is not a jetting issue, however, is a spark issue. We are actually installing the DynaTek coils as they are supposed to eliminate that miss in the middle. Should have some dyno results tomorrow as the motor should be complete!

As a side note, thank you Turtle for you kind words :good:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey Todd, Thanks for the new monicker.....Maybe I should have Diesel change it to that on the forum. That was really funny & I like it!

On another note, and more to the subject of this thread, I'm still trying to convince the "Little Mrs" that I "need" a CDI. I had my 20 hr checkup done yesterday & will be leaving for Montana next week & shortly after I return, my warranty expires so I won't have to worry about voiding it by modifying anything.

I had posted on another thread sometime back, that my son had installed a 55 watt backup light that worked just great. However, it quit working & the mechanic told me yesterday that I had burned out the switch on the engine because the light draws too much (4 amps I believe he said). If I want to keep the light (I do) he said I'd have to wire a relay switch, possibly between the driver's seat & the engine cover, & then run wires from there to the backup light. This would be OK, but it wouldn't come on when in reverse.....only when the switch is on, regardless of gearshift position & I could accidentally leave it on & kill the battery. If I replace the burned out switch, he said it wouldn't last long again, plus it's possible the 4 amps could feed back to the ignition & burn out the CDI. Maybe I was lucky the switch just burned out & he said now without the switch I could over rev in reverse, which I don't think I'd be so dumb as to do. Anyway, I hope all this applies to the original attempt by the thread originator's (WVTERYX) question about CDI's. I don't mean to take away from his original questions.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Okay Guys, I also have a quick question. I just ordered a CDI from Todd. Am I going to experience a misfire at around 20MPH or is this something that occurs on some engines. I'm guessing the coils that are being tested are something like an MSD for cars? Hotter and multiple spark for complete combustion? Let me know what you find out, would you dieselpowered? I'll be curious to see what happens to my engine when I install it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts