Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new to this forum, I would like to ask the experienced riders if I just add a CDI, what other mods need to be done?

As in clutches, exhaust, or intake. I want to start modifying my Teryx but want to do it right.

Any recommendations as to which way to start?

All answers will be greatly appreciated. I am trying to keep everything "bolt on" if possible in case I have to bring back for warranty related issues.

I have a 2008 Kawasaki Base model Teryx that is completely stock at this time.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hi there, great to have you with us my friend :wave:

You could go with a Dynatek CDI to start, that would give you a little more power. If you choose to go with a Dalton clutch kit, that is an approved Kawasaki part and will not void your warranty.

Lets start out first with what sort of riding you do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like riding trails that are on hard dirt, snow and sand. Not a very crazy rider, just like going fast!

·
Registered
668 Posts
1.)Dynatek CDI - no engine modifications - get the nonprogrammable.
2.)Hunterworks Carb Jetting Kit.
3.)Muzzys exhaust 212 exhaust system.
4.)Dalton Clutch kit....

Just doing the CDI..my opinion is that you don't need any other mods, but the HW carb kit...sure wakes it up a lot more.

This is just my 2 cents, but that would be a good order to start....the only problem after that is you WILL want to do more!

Speaking of the Warranty...well I had a helluva time deciding on that, I too was in the same boat wondering if and or what would void the warranty...and that my friend....all depends on your dealer, I had some (dealers) tell me anything voids and some tell me any of the above modifications will not void warranty. So again, if your concerned about it, ask your dealer. The long and short of it for me was...no need for the warranty...so I did not buy one...I will be going into the engine next, and I can assure you once you do the engine mods, any warranty on the engine will be void..I am saying just the engine...but then again you will have service dealers that say..Well if you hadn't hopped that engine up..it would not be tearing out the CVT or broke that axle...so again MY OPINION is that it all depends on the service each individual dealer is going to provide to you.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
At least change the cap on the exhaust to better flowing, if you don't want to do full exhaust system. Costs like $40.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1.)Dynatek CDI - no engine modifications - get the nonprogrammable.
2.)Hunterworks Carb Jetting Kit.
3.)Muzzys exhaust 212 exhaust system.
4.)Dalton Clutch kit....

Just doing the CDI..my opinion is that you don't need any other mods, but the HW carb kit...sure wakes it up a lot more.

This is just my 2 cents, but that would be a good order to start....the only problem after that is you WILL want to do more!

Speaking of the Warranty...well I had a helluva time deciding on that, I too was in the same boat wondering if and or what would void the warranty...and that my friend....all depends on your dealer, I had some (dealers) tell me anything voids and some tell me any of the above modifications will not void warranty. So again, if your concerned about it, ask your dealer. The long and short of it for me was...no need for the warranty...so I did not buy one...I will be going into the engine next, and I can assure you once you do the engine mods, any warranty on the engine will be void..I am saying just the engine...but then again you will have service dealers that say..Well if you hadn't hopped that engine up..it would not be tearing out the CVT or broke that axle...so again MY OPINION is that it all depends on the service each individual dealer is going to provide to you.
Thank you very much for your opinion!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts