Teryx HQ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With this less than $20 modification, you can change the oil and filter by removing 2 bolts and loosening 3 other bolts. The only parts required are: 2 - 1/4X20 speed nuts, 2 - 1/4X20 bolts and a 16 1/4" X 5" nail guard. The nuts (get right size for 16 ga metal) & bolts (I got ones with a shouldered head) can found at any auto parts store. The nail guard can be found in the lumber section at Home Depot for less than $6 and it works perfect without cutting. First, remove the bottom skid plate with the 5 bolt oil drain plug plate still attached. Next, loosen the 3 bolts closest to the drain plug location. You can now slide the nail guard between the two plates and line the nail guard up for a good fit. You can scribe some lines for future reference. Remove the nail guard and cut a 9 3/4" X 4" hole in the large skid directly under the oil filter location. Center this opening between the ribs already on the large skid plate. Now cut an access hole for the oil drain plug. I cut mine approximately 2 3/4" x 3 1/2". Now, slide the nail guard into place and install the speed nuts and bolts on the oil filter end. Study the photos carefully as a picture is worth a 1,000 words.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best cheap mod ever?

Thanks for the kind words. I hope this mod will gain momentum on this forum and get further improved. While this is a patch on the current design, it would be neat to see Kawi redesign the skid plates with PM in mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts