Teryx HQ banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out at glamis this weekend and had problems with my teryx starting. Turned over fine but wouldnt fire. Jump started it and it fired right up. Half way back to camp rig starts cutting out and losing power before it shut down. Battery was dead when I tried to restart and ended leaving a portable jump box on to get me back to camp. Trying to find the problem I charged the battery and then fired it up, diconnected the possitve terminal and checked voltage to it without the battery. I am only getting 4-5 volts no matter what the RPM is. Im assuming I should be getting at least 12-14v. Not sure where to start, could I have a bad stator? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you for the quick response and the willingness to help me out, without charging a dime. You both run great businesses and this is another testament to your great customer service. Thanks again

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thanks to both of you for the quick response and the willingness to help me out, without charging a dime. You both run great businesses and this is another testament to your great customer service. Thanks again
Thanks... did you figure it out?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Check your voltage with the battery hooked up and the bike off and then check it again with the bike running and then at 3000rpms or so. If you were running the bike with no battery then its charging.

The reason it was turning over but wouldn't fire off until you jumped it is because the battery had low voltage... Are you running HID lights or something else that pulls a good bit of extra power?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Looks like he has a bad regulator...we spoke today and we will drop off another regulator for him to test with all other tests looked positive.

Thanks for the call and see during the week...

·
Registered
293 Posts
i know my hids put a beating on my battery

·
Registered
526 Posts
my hids dont rape my battery

·
Registered
526 Posts
Shan what kind of HIDS do you have