Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been searching the forums for awhile now, and stock mph on these seem to be 46-48 mph correct? and with a CDI, hot coils, and tip removed, they will do about 60? is this correct?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
60mph with a CDI. coils and tip removed? I am thinking no, you will probably need to do the clutch and cover to get to 60 and in my opinion it is going to be close. There are a lot of factors that you have to think about when stating miles per hour. Some people go off their factory dash which is usually off, others take GPS readings which are a lot more accurate.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I assume your talking about an 08 model. Without changing the CDI it will never do more than about 48-49 stock speedo. CDI should get about 56 (speedo), a machined clutch plate or simple and cheap double washer method will get a good 5-7 mph. I have a vdi, no exhaust tip and two washers between the cover plate and clutch at each bolt and mine will do 63 on speedo. Now on my 840 teryx, it will do 72, but im working on more and it gets there real quick!!:D

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
LOL xchamp your 840cc does not count ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
My 08 with CDI,HW jetkit,spark arrester out and stock tires 63 on the speedo.I had a Gibson slipon that Todd gave me it made a little difference, but could not get it jetted right. So I did what Todd recomended and threw it out. I would of felt bad giving it to somebody and having them screw with the jetting, so in the trash it went.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts