Teryx HQ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the forum with a google search and have been pouring through the threads over the weekend. I am new to the UTV market, and after test driving and talking with dealers I am in the process of purchasing a base model Teryx.

My riding is trail / bottoms / and fields in So. IL, so I am looking for any input possible.
I am planning on a base model and changing/adding:
1. Shocks (DFR Fox vs Evans vs ???)
2. Exhaust (DFR vs Muzzy)
3. Intake (DFR vs AFE)
4. 2 seat cage (I have a welder but no access to a pipe bender)
5. Clutch kit, mud (? manufacturer)
6. EFI programmer
7. Bead lock wheels and tires
8. Winch
9. Half windshield

Any comments and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Wes

·
Registered
255 Posts
I found the forum with a google search and have been pouring through the threads over the weekend. I am new to the UTV market, and after test driving and talking with dealers I am in the process of purchasing a base model Teryx.

My riding is trail / bottoms / and fields in So. IL, so I am looking for any input possible.
I am planning on a base model and changing/adding:
1. Shocks (DFR Fox vs Evans vs ???)
2. Exhaust (DFR vs Muzzy)
3. Intake (DFR vs AFE)
4. 2 seat cage (I have a welder but no access to a pipe bender)
5. Clutch kit, mud (? manufacturer)
6. EFI programmer
7. Bead lock wheels and tires
8. Winch
9. Half windshield

Any comments and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Wes
1. I love my elkas, but the Fox 2.0 are supposed to be very nice also.
2. MUZZY, Hands Down If u dont plan on internal engine mods, I would just go with standard muzzy and not the PRO Muzzy.
3. Dasa is supposed to have a nice EFI intake.
4. Lots of choices
5. DALTON
6. MSD
7. ITP Type 7's are fairly light and cheap. OMF and Hiper are very nice, and PRICEY! Tires, im currently testing some pit bull's and so far I like them. I also like the GBC Dirt Commanders.
8. Dont own one
9. Stock

·
Registered
451 Posts
Welcome from Dragonfire Racing. My name is Chris if you have any questions on our products give me a shout at 800-708-9803 and don't forget that you will get are forum member discounts so do not pay attention to retail on the site Kawasaki Teryx Performance & Accessories Yamaha Rhino Accessories, Yamaha Rhino Performance, Arctic Cat Prowler, Polaris Ranger & RZR, Custom Yamaha Rhino @ DragonFireRacing.com I have everything that you have listed and all of it is on sale!

Have fun on this site it's a great place!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Like XCHAMP said buy muzzy exhaust, msd ignition,the dalton clutch kit, od plate for more top end unless you go with vforce john clutch, he will cut your stock plate. I have the vforce john clutch mod I am going to do a big bore kit and I will probally then add a dalton clutch kit then so I can play with the adjustment

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies and suggestions.
I have not yet decided on engine mods. I want to run it a while before I decide on that. The kits do look interesting!

Chris, PM sent. Thanks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
another newbie

anyone want to comment on my teryx? going standard bore fst. muzzy, dyna cdi, coils, intake, jetting, +5 lonestar with fox's, killer custom paint with airbrushing, utv crap 4 seat cage and bumper, triple x seats...etc. for sale 360-789-6784

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts