Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is the fact that the Teryx gets its air for the intake from the dusty wrap-around area behind the motor just stupid???

I don't want a snorkel, but I do want cool clean air without adding too much Intake noise.

What have you guys seen/done?

I know on snowmobiles they use the little "Flowrites" to get more air to the intake.

1. Would a couple of these in the top of the airbox cover help?
2. What about blocking off the rear part of that cover also?
3. What we need is a little tube that has a cover that takes the place of the airbox lid snorkel and extends it up to the airbox cover!!!!!!!!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

·
Registered
780 Posts
i cut an opening into my airbox cover and the installed the 09 airbox lid with a tpi valve sitting right behind the opening in the lid. not saying it makes a huge difference, but does flow a little more air.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
You are thinking correctly...think snowmobiles when you are thinking intake on these things...

And that applies to the CVT's as well...lots of things to be learned on those snowmobile forums...(hint hint)...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Junkie,
If I didn't know better, I would take you for quite the Jerk.

Your right, i should just spend $500+ dollars on some fancy filter that I can clean 2-3 times a day! Throwing Money at a problem solves everything

GREAT IDEA!!!!

You would fit in Great over there at the new GM.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
You , my friend, are a complete idiot...which is pretty much what I thought in the first place. I was trying to steer you in the right direction...Jacktard...:mad:

I never said spend $500, or any other amount for that matter. What I was trying to tell you was that you are thinking correctly...these engines, exhaust, intakes and CVT systems are all very similar to snowmobiles...and they have been around a hell of alot longer....there is lots of little tidbits of information to be had on the snowmobile forums if you do your research and know what to ask and look for...

But you, with your belligerent "know it all attitude", would rather sink with your ship full of dumb ideas than to admit you might be wrong even when others point out the obvious...are so full of yourself that you can't even tell when someone is trying to help...

Well shame on me...I should have paid attention to my own advice...

"Cast not your pearls before swine lest they turn around and rip you apart"...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Junkie,

Your right, i should just spend $500+ dollars on some fancy filter that I can clean 2-3 times a day! Throwing Money at a problem solves everything

GREAT IDEA!!!!

?:confused::punish:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Junkie,

GREAT IDEA!!!!

:confused::confused: huh?......

Oh yeah....the exhaust idea..:mad:...now I remember....:laugh:

Sleepy, what was the difference in the air box (08 from 09) lids?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok,
First off, maybe i am a little sensitive about the whole Exhaust thing.
(It works great by the way)

If you re-read your message knowing that we had a pretty good battle over that, it read to me as if you were saying to "GET LOST":wave:

I did Snowmobiles for 5 years before I got this Teryx, and that is why I thought about the Flowrites.

HOWEVER, I doubt anyone on here would debate that there are those on here that enjoy pissing on anyone's idea that they either did not come up with, or can't make money on.

ALL I was asking is if anyone has done anything to get a cleaner air source besides using a snorkel. I am not trying to be holier than anyone. If I thought I knew it all I wouldn't be here asking the question.

I for one LOVE FORUMS, but you Sir take this stuff way to seriously.

Have a great week all!:wave:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I for one never thought he meant "get lost" i thought he was saying your right the snow mobile forums can have some info to cross over to the Teryx. You sure hes the sensitive one.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I for one never thought he meant "get lost" i thought he was saying your right the snow mobile forums can have some info to cross over to the Teryx. You sure hes the sensitive one.
+1

Thats the last time I stick out my hand in friendship...only to get bit...

And not to change the subject but since you brought it up?...

Where's the pics of the "Sub $500" full exhaust system?...Got some physical data on that? Where to buy? Write up? and most importantly? Where's the dyno runs & graphs?...

I'm not going anywhere so I can wait...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just basically said i took it the wrong way......sheesh.

I am not here to make enemies, or friends for that matter. All I know is that every time i post on here with a question, or looking for information there is some guy that instead of offering advice, or helpful insight, they criticize, bash, and bitch about the aforementioned question.

I also notice that the longer time goes on their are fewer new posts and fewer topics on here. I am sure there is a reason for that ..hint...hint.

So, other that this junkie, has anyone else done anything to get a better, cleaner air source for their airbox?

And Junkie, I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else about my exhaust.

Have a great week all!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And Junkie, just for the record....your bed kits look awesome.

Don't hold your breath for money from me however.:wave:

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
And Junkie, I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else about my exhaust.

Have a great week all!
It's not for me...I'm thinking there are several board members who would like to know what you found...

And Junkie, just for the record....your bed kits look awesome.

Don't hold your breath for money from me however.:wave:
I'm pretty sure that was a given along time ago...no worries...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
see, and that is why i like you guys sooo much. :)

Dasa, do you have your new temp gauge kits done yet.

And all things aside i do appreciate the innovation some members, including Junkie and Dasa, do for us Teryx users. I may not be willing to pay for it, but they are some great ideas. If I had a spare $800 bones I would have bought a "real" exhaust system like Dasa and I got into last month, however $800 is a summers worth of fuel for my family camping/exploring/duning.

It is just the attitude that goes along with the product pimping that sometimes that sours the pot. We are not all Koby Bryant.

I agree that it has gone down hill since Diesel left/sold out, but I am a member of both boards, and have seen the same decline on both.

Cheers

·
Registered
171 Posts
1) I agree wholeheartedly that these forums have taken a nosedive since diesel sold :( , and those stupid advertisements that are green hyperlinks drive me nuts :mad: - and then to top it off, we have these stupid new irritants, but not even new smileys to even sort of compensate for them.

2) As far as the original posting goes - I have TPI valves on my airbox, on top of regulating air flow, they are kind of a pre-filter for the air filter, keeping out all sorts of junk before it gets to the air filter.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts