Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have a problem. I keep hearing a clicking noise in the back of the teryx when i turn left in foward but not when going straight or turning right. Also when i back up its the worst. If i turn the wheel left in reverse it still makes the noise. Any idea on whats wrong? If so does is it a problem that needs attention?:confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Clicking noise in rear.

Well i have a problem. I keep hearing a clicking noise in the back of the teryx when i turn left in foward but not when going straight or turning right. Also when i back up its the worst. If i turn the wheel left in reverse it still makes the noise. Any idea on whats wrong? If so does is it a problem that needs attention?:confused:

·
Registered
47 Posts
My guess would be a cv joint. If it is that I would get a rebuild kit asap, hopefully you do not have a 08 model. Since no one makes a rebuild kit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
nnadenoff, are the axles different from 08 and the newer modles? I have a friend with an 08 and he i have to replace a rear outer joint on it. I found complete outer joints with grease and boot and clamp fot $75 but its not listed as year specific. Any info you could provide would be great.

·
Registered
47 Posts
nnadenoff, are the axles different from 08 and the newer modles? I have a friend with an 08 and he i have to replace a rear outer joint on it. I found complete outer joints with grease and boot and clamp fot $75 but its not listed as year specific. Any info you could provide would be great.
In the middle of 09 they changed the splines on the axles. What I found is alot of companys say that they offer 08 rebuild kits until you call them. So far I have only had issues with the front outers. It might be a different story for the back. Make sure you call the company and verify that it is for an 08. I have found a company that will rebuild your current one in NC. If needed I can give you their info. Good luck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
nnadenott if you could post you info for the rebuilding company on here that would be great for me and everyone else looking for cv rebuilding information as i think there is a simalar thread that someone is looking for cv parts already. thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts