Teryx HQ banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Teryx 4 750 4x4 and I am bothered by a metal on metal clicking noise in the differential when giving the UTV gas or letting off on gas. You can also hear it when going over bumps. I mentioned this to the dealer I bought it from and he let me drive a couple other Teryx's which did the exact same thing. Two of my friends just bought the same model and theirs has the same clicking noise. I am told it is "normal" and it does appear to be the norm, but I'd like to know if everyone is having the same issue. I fear that over time (I only have 23 hours on my UTV) this metal on metal wear will cause permanent damage. I find it hard to believe that Kawasaki would let this continue and not engineer the slop in the differential unit out. Any thoughts, suggestions or observations????

·
383 Posts
It is probably noise coming from the clutch or the KEBEC (engine brake) that you are hearing, it is caused by the weights and arms of the clutch as it revs up and down.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just bought a new 2012 teryx 4 . It does the same thing. I also have a 08 teryx that I bought new that has always had a similar noise. I don't think it's a problem. I have almost 4000 miles on my 08, it still has original belt. no problems at all. TOUGH machines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts