Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Anyone having problem with rear end noise,,when i am off the gas and coasting down hill when I hit little bumps etc. my rear end sounds like clank clank metal on metal. The dealer just told me it is not the drive line , however it is the shifter? they hear it, it should not be there, but have no cure? They have a call into Kawasaki. Machine has 14 hours on it. Also they want me to take back until they hear from Kawi. Antone with knowledge on this please

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sorry, not much help unless knew for sure where the clank is coming from. Mine does it and has since day one, just like you describe, I was told it was normal from dealer, and I haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
clunk update

Hi , thanks for looking at it, The noise comes right from the rear diff. at first I was positive it was the rear drive shaft going in, however the dealer says shift linkage?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Mine has done it from day 1 I think it is just the design It does not seem to do it as much in high gear I just think it is the play in drive train as if it were going from foward and then back to reverse

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what your saying that does sound like it for sure. i just don't want any damage slowly occurring...How many hours/miles you have on yours now? Plus thankyou for your response.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have 45 hrs on my rex dont know the miles without looking at the odometer

·
Registered
516 Posts
Don't want to say it is normal because I can't hear it, but I am pretty sure the noise you are hearing is normal. Mine has been making those kind of noises since new, 80 + hours on it now. I think it is backlash between the gears in the transmission and some noise from the clutch/brake KEBC system, just my guess on it???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts