Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to snorkel the clutch/belt breather on my 2009 teryx. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy the stuff to do this, or if there is a kit I can order from somewhere... thanks.

·
Registered
780 Posts
lowes.
about 20 bucks worth of parts. try a search for snorkle on here as i think this is where we got our snorkle how to.......or i can sell you mine cuz i am going with the 09 setup.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got all i needed for info from this site and got all the pvc parts at home cheapo and lowes. I couldn't easilly find the black fittings in my area so I used white and painted it flat black when done and it worked o.k. I didn't snorkel the intake that is right below the shifter area on front side of console but i will and would highly recomend it, water seems to get there really easy, even a splash of water in that grille area in front of the console will leave you sittin still with a clutch kit or not. just get a full supply of cold beverage of choice and some garage time alone to get it done! good luck!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
belt snorkel

I put this snorkel kit on and it is great for deep water. My only concern is it going to have proper cooling? Am I sacrificing my belt life? It is all 2" inch pipe and when I put my hand on the exhaust side it is pretty hot, but seems to have lots of flow.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I wouldn't worry about heat on the belt with snorkels. I have 110 hours on my machine,about 80 with snorkels. Original belt yet. Never slipped it, And have pulled loads way over recommended weights. Crow

·
383 Posts
I put this snorkel kit on and it is great for deep water. My only concern is it going to have proper cooling? Am I sacrificing my belt life? It is all 2" inch pipe and when I put my hand on the exhaust side it is pretty hot, but seems to have lots of flow.
It is only a 2" inlet on the clutch cover/housing anyway. It might affect it a little having to draw air over a longer distance, I have no problems with mine plus the air from the exhaust is good for warming up your hands in cold weather riding. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts