Teryx HQ banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am going to be adjusting my belt deflection soon and was thinking about doing clutch upgrades while i have it apart.i am going to go with vforce johns clutch kit 229.00 fully adjustable with hunterworks od clutch plate with bearing so i dont lose my kebc.my question is will it hurt anything to go ahead and do the od plate now i know im not gonna see the benefits of it till i add the msd ignition which will be next but it might be a little while on it.thanks any info will be appreciated

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wont hurt a thing except I'd do it all at once due to the amount of crap you have to remove just to get to the cover

·
Registered
311 Posts
Do the VFJ Clucth mod you dont even know the keb is gone, In low gear.I was woried at first engine hold back is still great. just no brahing beiow 5 mph.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i was worried about it just free wheeling because i ride alot of steep rocky trails

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
It does not matter what cap is on the clutch when John does the work he cuts the cap the same if it is a stock or a dalton billet, he cuts the dalton a little deeper than it is and the stock he would cut the exact same amount, when he get through the mod is exactly the same reguardless of what plate he starts with.

·
383 Posts
If he cuts the stock clutch cover/plate then why wouldn't the KEBC continue to work, or does he replace the cover with a aftermarket OD cover?

·
Registered
311 Posts
When he cuts the plate takes the off the plate,lik a dalton. even cuts the dalton plate if you have it. You just take the fork out & plug every thing back in .Man it pulls,Just call john great guy.It will put that bbk power on the ground. John's st bore over 70 hp

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Pit dog is right on reguardless of what plate he starts with when he get through they are all the same, so if anyone is considering vforce mod don,t buy a plate he fixes the stock and like pit dog said if you send him a dalton he even cuts it some more, but that is just a small part of what he does he cuts the inside of the sheeves where it closes up more and he changes the angle on the sheeve and make the belt grip better and then he sells a wieght kit and springs to fine tune.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i talk to vforce john (email) i was just wanting to use his new clutch kit not the machining part.but he said to get the most low mid and top end the stage three mod would be the way to go he said i can still use the kebc but he did not recommend it be cause it makes groves in the sheaves said by removing it will make the clutch last 2x longer

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
So do you buy the Dalton kit AND send it away to VFJ. Or, just remove your clutch and send it to him?
You just send him your clutch he will do the mod the day he gets it and ships it back to you 2 day service, but just google vforce john and you will get interstate motorsports and call that # and ask for John he will answer all of your questions, you don,t send him anything but your primary clutch and he is very good about doing it the day he gets it and shipping it right back out 2 day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So some of theses guys threads they say Dalton VFJ mod. So is there more of a gain to do the Dalton AND VFJ mod? Or, just send stock clutch and be done.

·
Registered
164 Posts
So some of theses guys threads they say Dalton VFJ mod. So is there more of a gain to do the Dalton AND VFJ mod? Or, just send stock clutch and be done.
I've heard nothing but good things about the VFJ mod. I think the Dalton just allows you to add adjustability to tuning your clutch for your specific needs.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Unless your goping bbk.Just need stage 3 & springs. Red primary -orange purple sec. Hooks up,400 with springs & 2 day return shipping

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yep what he told me as well stage 3 mod and springs the mod is 350 and springs are 25 a spring.cant wait till i able to get this done hear alot of good things esp.the low end.heard and read alot of people can pop a wheelie if it hooks just right plus can run around 45 in low.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think they are blowing smoke on the wheelies. But mine will lay 9-10 foot black marks on concrete with bed on prob more on black top, pulls hard.47 in low 68-69 on speedo in high The only wheelies I have seen are 840's with a fat ass or to in the back.You here all the talk but no vid.s to back it up. VFJ is the man real good guy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts