Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a 09 Teryx from a guy moving overseas that had been dealer modified, i.e., 3" lift, Dalton Clutch and Overdrive plate, Muzzy exhaust, digi-tune, etc, etc. The clutch was set up to run 31" Silver backs on 14" ITP's. After I bought the Teryx I sold the Silverbacks and put 27" Reptiles on the 14" ITP's. (I am not an agressive mudder) Now the problem I am having is when I start to go from stop, the Teryx clutch grabs and lets go multiple times and is very jerky getting going. I think they call this "Bucking". My question is if the Dalton Clutch fly weights need to be reset for the smaller tires or is this normal for the Teryx. (I have never riden a stock one) I e-mailed Dalton with the question and asking for data sheets on the Dalton clutch, but thus far they seem uninterested in responding to my questions. Any one out there know if the clutch is the problem or the driver??

·
Registered
148 Posts
You sure it's not the gas pedal? The jerking action you describe sounds like your foot jerking the gas pedal causing it to buck... This might sound stupid to a newby of the Rex but it is a legitimate complaint...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it's not the gas pedal. This is a definate mechanical issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure if you said you had a different secondary spring but if the previous owner was running bigger tires, then that could be a issue, also if you are not set with the right belt deflection, than you could have some belt slippage, causing the jerk, may need to remove a shim, get the belt just right.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi
I would make sure the clutch was setup right and install a new belt with deflection set correctly:wave:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kinda the direction I was thinking also. Thanks guy's for the input.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Hi
I would make sure the clutch was setup right and install a new belt with deflection set correctly:wave:
I would go along with this.

The jerking is most likely the belt deflection, also if the person installing the clutch knew what they were doing then you certainly need to reset it for your smaller tires.

I think the right set up for your tires would be two set screws in each flyweight, aluminum rivets in end, amber spring (yellow) in primary and silver in secondary.

Not like Dalton to not to return e-mails. Try calling in early morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts