Teryx HQ banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 09 teryx bone stock. i use it for pushing snow, hauling wood,pulling a trailer. i also trail ride through the rocky, technical hills of KY. i do not like the clunking gear lash or the jumpy gas pedal. what kind of up grades have any of you guys done to correct these issues.thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
Just add a stiffer spring to the foot pedal... More times than not you can find a spring to fit inside the stock spring and do it that way. I just found a complete replacement that has plenty of tension.

As far as the gear lash clunking... get used to it thats not going anywhere. :)

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Just add a stiffer spring to the foot pedal... More times than not you can find a spring to fit inside the stock spring and do it that way. I just found a complete replacement that has plenty of tension. :)
Do you have a part # Shan? With lack of free time right now, I'd rather just install a spring than cut, heat bend etc to the stock one.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Do you have a part # Shan? With lack of free time right now, I'd rather just install a spring than cut, heat bend etc to the stock one.

I tried the heating and cutting and couldn't quite get the stiffness I was looking for without cutting to many coils off... The spring I had I found laying around at the shop(find anything if you look long enough hah) but I believe my dad took his stock spring up to napa and they had a whole kit of springs that he bought.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone put a after market clutch in a 08 teryx mine seams to smoke the belt on steep hill climbs what is the fix? Thanks!!!!

Mine is an 08, I put a Vforce stage 3 in it. just tell jon what you do with it, he will ask some technical questions like tire size, 2 or 4 seat, ect.
Mine was a 4 seat till the cage extension got bent up, with that being said i could do almost 60 with the wife and 2 kids in the back. Pulls hard off the line.
Before anyone gets friskey with the coments, we only went to 60 once with the kids in it, usualy take it easy with them in there. And the cage got bent at work when it was out of the car getting some tabs welded on it. it got ran over by a wagner.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It cost 400 to have your cylinders plated.best way to go. And all the creditable engine builders are getting 65 to 70 hp out of glens 840 kits. VFJ"S standard bore is 64 hp. Line them up with same heads etc the 840 will shine every time. 400 well spent,my two cents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts