Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a lot of deep mud and muck. Almost every time i get down in the thick stuff I trip my belt sensor. Which I assume means I am slipping my belt. I am considering the V-Force John mod. I know a lot of you guys run that Dalton clutch and was wondering if it may be better for my situation. We don't ride very fast EVER so top end is not my end game. I have 30" Silverbacks so I am no speed racer to begin with. Which set up will give me better belt grab and less slippage? Thanks!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I run the Dalton kit and it has been flawless the three years I have owned my machine. I ride everything from dunes to rock crawling and really like the clutch...once you get used to the way it engages.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Both are good, the vforce mod helps belt grip by machining the sheaths and changing the angle on the sheaths, to me thats the biggest gain on the vforce, John also sells a spring and wieght kit that does the same thing as the Dalton, but the vforce for sure helps belt grip, lightens the rotating mass of the clutch and also it machines your cap so you won't need to buy an OD cap, really are 2 different things but like I said John does sell a adjustable spring and wieght kit that does the same as the Dalton and its about 100.00 less, call John and ask him to explain it all to you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I talked to John last night after I posted this thread. All I can say is WOW! What a super nice guy. He took the time to explain his mod and tell me all about the expected gains. I was expecting to have to buy the weights and what not but he said I have no need for them. I dont have a BBK so he said his Mod was all I needed. I was very impressed with his knowledge and friendly approach to customer service. If his mod is half as good as his service I will be a very happy camper. I am sending it off next week to get the work done. I will update when it gets reinstalled.

·
Registered
311 Posts
John is the man his srtage 3 mod rocks. And his weight kit is heads above a dalton kit & 100 $ cheaper. When I done my bbk he sent my weights already set up,When dynoed was perfect mo need to change anything Then stopped what he was doing and fired his rex up and took me on a 25 mile ride. john is the man

·
Registered
311 Posts
BD you big old bench racer,seanse you never going to put that rex back together. Just get on the grayhound and come on up to the mountains. And I will take you for a ride that will make the rest of your hair fall out. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hey Pit I am going to come and ride with you but to keep it fair I will need to run in reverse and pull one of my plug wires. LOL If some of you guys can't tell, Pit Dog is my buddy, I was raised to be nice to old people. LOL

·
Registered
526 Posts
Now thats FUNNY!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts