Teryx HQ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a aftermarket clutch kit that will allow you to continue to use the engine break?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yes the Dalton. Only Clutch Cover disables the brake. If you drove one without the brake, and with a properly setup Dalton Clutch you would be glad it is disabled, I sure am, and if you look back at my posts I sure did not think I would be. With the Dalton Clutch, you can setup the clutch to stay engaged at way lower RPM than stock and you will not need the KEBC at all, or the noise it makes.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I think I will be getting a hold of Hunterwork next month and get a clutch kit. Then maybe add the od cover soon there after.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Correction.

The engine brake does work with the machined clutch cap. ( Maybe just not the dalton cap)
I have a UTV Crap machined cap and a friend has machined his stock one and engine braking still workes with the dalton and EPI clutch kits.

I like having engine braking when my family is in and I am going down a hill. It is a good safety measure!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I thought about buying a clutch cover but I really don't need another 3 to 4 mph top end on the trails I ride. Besides I already smoke all my friends Rhino's.....:D:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts