Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to install a system in my 09 with kolpin sport roof. It looks like the kolpin has a cutout on the back part of the roof to mount two 6 1/2's.

Now questions...how and where to mount an amp? I suppose I could fab up something and mount it to the roof, but it would have to be marine grade then. Glovebox maybe...? Any hidden locations that work well?

Next question...how do you guys run wires up to the roof? Up and down the cage I assume...is there anyway to get the wires inside the pipe? Wires on the outside wouldn't last long in the woods.

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I made my own roof from a 55 mph sign and located the amp over my head .No problems with water getting on it ,just mud.it's not marine grade an does fine.Ran the wires in a wire loom on the interior side of the rops [pipe] on the drivers back side ,if something hits there your going to feel it first.:D The factory rops is kinda weak [imo] so I didn't want to drill holes in it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made my own roof from a 55 mph sign and located the amp over my head .No problems with water getting on it ,just mud.it's not marine grade an does fine.Ran the wires in a wire loom on the interior side of the rops [pipe] on the drivers back side ,if something hits there your going to feel it first.:D The factory rops is kinda weak [imo] so I didn't want to drill holes in it.
Thanks what kind of wire loom did you use?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Always Battery on a amp.
Always...? The installation instructions for any amp say to run the shorterst ground possible. All car stereo I've ever seen installed were grounded to the frame very close to the amp, not ran all the way to the battery. Just looked at a rockford amp install manual and it says 30" or less for ground.

Not saying it's always possible...boats for instance but that's what they recommend.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Its true they say to run the shortest ground possible ,

Having a good ground is even more critical than the proper size power cable. The battery is actually the best ground since there are no ground loops caused by the amplifier
less noise n problems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts