Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Im new to the site and side by side world...I have a new 2013 teryx thats only bout 3 months old, anyways i was riding it one day and the temperature light came on. So i stopped and let it cool down but about 1 hour later it started cutting out on me. So i took it to the shop they said it was from a dirty air filter but that wasnt it. Took it back, they said it could be the fuel pump so they cleaned the fuel filter cause they said it had alot of junk in it and try it again. Well that didnt work. So Im just wondering if it is actually the fuel pump or something else. When it cuts out pretty bad, i can burn through a full tank of gas in bout 3 hours. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
383 Posts
Sounds like injector issues making it way to rich causing it to cut out if the fuel consumption goes way up when it's cutting out. Haven't heard of this being a problem, nor do I have a idea how to fix it, but its something to look into. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I rode it over the weekend and im still having a problem of it cutting out. I really dont think its the fuel pump and the temp light has never came on since the first time it happen. Could it be something to do with the coil, like when it gets to hot and its not producing any spark, which is why its cutting out?. But hopefully the shop will be able to figure it out. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever figure out this issue? I have an '08 Teryx that I bought used. It's doing the same thing. After about 45 minutes of ride time it just starts to cut out on me. Like it's not pumping fuel, or losing spark?? Not really sure. I replaced fuel pump and lines. Pulled fuel tank and cleaned it out and replaced fuel filter. I totally flushed the radiator and put new coolant in it. Removed the thermostat to see if may it was sticking. I can't figure it out. Runs like a beast until between 30 mins to an hour of ride time. Someone mentioned to me today that maybe I should replace the coil. Not sure.

Did you ever solve the problem?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did you ever figure out this issue? I have an '08 Teryx that I bought used. It's doing the same thing. After about 45 minutes of ride time it just starts to cut out on me. Like it's not pumping fuel, or losing spark?? Not really sure. I replaced fuel pump and lines. Pulled fuel tank and cleaned it out and replaced fuel filter. I totally flushed the radiator and put new coolant in it. Removed the thermostat to see if may it was sticking. I can't figure it out. Runs like a beast until between 30 mins to an hour of ride time. Someone mentioned to me today that maybe I should replace the coil. Not sure.

Did you ever solve the problem?
My guess is the coil, too! Have you replaced it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts