Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to have the clutch removal tool (puller) to replace belt on Teryx?I watched the video on hunterworks but I belive they were changing the clutch.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The old one broke so its off how hard is it to get the new one on without that tool?
Your primary can be removed without the tool ( it is for the secondary) but you wouldnt be able to get it off the shaft with the old belt on. But you may get by without the tool since the old belt is broke off. That is if you have enough wiggle room once you install the new belt to slide the primary back over the shaft.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I think you will need the tool to remove the primary clutch, and the secondary will come off without the puller. You will need a tool to take the secondary apart. I would reccomend anybody that is going to be seviceing their own clutch just go ahead and but the primary puller and the secondary spring compressor, you will need it any time you adjust your belt

·
Registered
375 Posts
Your primary can be removed without the tool ( it is for the secondary) but you wouldnt be able to get it off the shaft with the old belt on. But you may get by without the tool since the old belt is broke off. That is if you have enough wiggle room once you install the new belt to slide the primary back over the shaft.
:doh: Whoops ... I had the terminology backwards. I think you will need the tool because I dont think there is enough wiggle room to just take off the secondary. The tool is only $28 on ebay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts