Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looking for a little help regarding a knocking noise that sounds to be coming from the cvt. At idle everything sounds great but as i run the motor up i am getting a very loud knock/rattle from the cvt cover area. Anyone have any idea what kind of trouble i am in?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Hey guys looking for a little help regarding a knocking noise that sounds to be coming from the cvt. At idle everything sounds great but as i run the motor up i am getting a very loud knock/rattle from the cvt cover area. Anyone have any idea what kind of trouble i am in?
There can be a slight tapping sound and it is normal. A very bad one might mean some worn parts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Is the belt good or is a piece of it starting to pull apart? Hard to tell without hearing it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just ran into a similar problem. I have a grinding noise coming from mine. We looked forever to try and find it. It started after I put my new VFJ stage 3 clutch in. Thought it was related. Turns out now we think it is the shift linkage out of adjustment and the transmission wasn't going all the way into gear. We put the shifter half way between high and low and the noise went away. I'm no expert but that is my assessment. You may check that on your rig.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No i dont think its linkage i have dealt with that before and it is not a slight tapping this is a very loud knock that isnt there at idle but as rpm's come up gets louder and louder until it is a steady and loud knock. i just removed the cvt cover and all looks good under there, no belt damage at all. Can the belt be removed and motor run with the cvt cover off with out harming anything.? I need to get a hold of a repair manual also anyone know where i can get one at a good price? The knocking sound appears to be coming from the cvt but it is possible that it is the motor though it makes no sense that at idle there is no sound and the motor sounds very good(at idle)

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
No i dont think its linkage i have dealt with that before and it is not a slight tapping this is a very loud knock that isnt there at idle but as rpm's come up gets louder and louder until it is a steady and loud knock. i just removed the cvt cover and all looks good under there, no belt damage at all. Can the belt be removed and motor run with the cvt cover off with out harming anything.? I need to get a hold of a repair manual also anyone know where i can get one at a good price? The knocking sound appears to be coming from the cvt but it is possible that it is the motor though it makes no sense that at idle there is no sound and the motor sounds very good(at idle)
Yes you can remove the belt and crank it up. Sounding like a rod knock now that you talk more about it.

I hope you don't need it but we offer ship in engine repair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts