Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I receive my Dalton clutch I would like to have your opinions on how mine should be set. I ride mostly trails and hills in West Virginia, MyTeryx is mostly stock. I would like to get as much high end output as I can without compromising the low end.

Dynotec CDI
Dynojet stage 1
LAC dual exhaust
27" Terra Cross
ITP 212 SS
Dalton Clutch to be installed
EPI severe duty belt To be installed

Thanks for your time
Fletch

·
Registered
255 Posts
Amber spring & aluminum rivets & 2 screws in the fly weights...very good set up for a stock motor
X2! But i would run the stock belt over any aftermarket one!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This a great forum. It saves us so much time. I am sure the instructions are clear. Sometimes experience is priceless.
Thanks alot
and keep them coming.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran mine with three set screws as per instructions for stock motor and stock tires. Two screws might be something to try too.
HW did you have the rivits in also? I do have the Terra Cross on and they are heavy. Compared to stock, but they look better. LOL

Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the rivets were in and the Terracross's are very heavy compared to stock, so you might be better off with two.

Put two and don't put CVT cover on and then drive it, then add the other screw. You do it while the clutch is on the vehicle.

Todd
Thanks I will work it that way.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes the rivets were in and the Terracross's are very heavy compared to stock, so you might be better off with two.

Put two and don't put CVT cover on and then drive it, then add the other screw. You do it while the clutch is on the vehicle.

Todd
I have lost my instructions... what will adding the 3rd screw do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
HW - All the talk about stock belt needing adj. after 18-20 hrs and the money spent on after market clutch kit, it sounds like Kaw. needs to re-engineer the belt/clutch.

Aren't they using a systems designed for a 500-600 lb ATV?

Any thoughts??

HW - You also run a Rihno, any belt issues with it?? Could Teryx use some of Yamaha technology?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Well there are trade offs with both styles. A vehicle with the roller weight style does not take to modifying the clutch too good. The part in that system that would be equal in the flyweight style is the ramp on sheave compared to the flyweight.

The roller weight style won't go thru belts as bad but you can't get the improvements from a clutch kit like you do in the flyweight style.

Notice we don't sell clutch kits.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts