Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now that I have spent several thousand dollars on mods I am thinking about a clutch kit. Who/ where is everyone buying there Dalton clutch kits from and who has the best deal?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
The prices should be relatively the same everywhere unless someone is just cutting throats and then they most likely can't support it after the sale.

We are going to start selling them as soon as I run one thru the testing process we do and we might get it done this week.

Todd

·
Registered
79 Posts
Todd have you had a chance to test out the Dalton clutch as I believe I may need one. This weekend out at Glamis I could almost climb everything but as the weekend went on I was trying steeper and pulling more people and my belt began to smoke and then for a little while I would smell burnt rubber. My linkage problem seems to be better but the Teryx moves as if it were missing teeth on the belt, does what I said make since would this be a clutch problem?

Thanks Roman

·
Registered
59 Posts
todd have you had a chance to test out the dalton clutch as i believe i may need one. This weekend out at glamis i could almost climb everything but as the weekend went on i was trying steeper and pulling more people and my belt began to smoke and then for a little while i would smell burnt rubber. My linkage problem seems to be better but the teryx moves as if it were missing teeth on the belt, does what i said make since would this be a clutch problem?

Thanks roman
romdogg, did you see the all black with a little bit of red teryx out there this weekend? That was mine. I have an az badboy clutch and all possible bolt on mods, producing an estimated 42 horse. I got there about midnight thursday and hit olds all night then daylight came decided to take the train track road from wash 3 to wash ten was doin about 67 then boom my belt was ripped to strings and spit out my cv exhaust. Thank god for crazy kevin having the only teryx belt out there and she was up and running by noon friday. My point is with the new belt she was running the hill 10x better than thursday night with the stock warn out belt and the only side x side that could touch me at the flat drags was that jerkoff razor with the turbo on the bottle. Trust me dude get a new belt and a clutch you will have a night and day difference. Get that bad boy running by thanksgiving and well be eating rhinos and razors for breadfeast lunch dinner and a midnight snack:d. By the way sorry for such a long post.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Todd have you had a chance to test out the Dalton clutch as I believe I may need one. This weekend out at Glamis I could almost climb everything but as the weekend went on I was trying steeper and pulling more people and my belt began to smoke and then for a little while I would smell burnt rubber. My linkage problem seems to be better but the Teryx moves as if it were missing teeth on the belt, does what I said make since would this be a clutch problem?

Thanks Roman
Hey Roman,
I think you were the guy my buddy Jim was talking to about Teryx's at Southbay Motorsports in Chula Vista. He has a rhino and I have the Teryx and was getting it jetted and dyno'd after I installed the muzzy exhaust. Are you the same guy?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The Dalton cllutch and cap RULE. Watch a couple of my yourtube videos like the FPV vid or the Dalton Install #3 and you can clearly and easily see and hear the difference if you watch carefully. HUGE difference, Dalton RULES!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Desert dog 615,Ya Bro I'm the one your friend was talking to at Southbay, he told me you just got your Teryx done and dyno. Sounds like your on the right path with your selection of parts.Any question or if you what to compare notes I gave him me info and cell number.Roman

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys can any one tell me if there is any difarence in performance between the EPI clutch system and the dulton system and i also would like to ask if any body has a genuine heavy duty belt avaliable from what i hear is that there all the same belt made from one company and oter people put there name to it and try to sell it as a heavy duty or extrem duty or server duty when its just a load of bull dust

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
The Dalton clutch kit is adjustable, and allows you to fine tune everything.

You can order a belt from Kawasaki or maybe even PM Unleashed UTV, he had ordered a bunch of Kawasaki OEM belts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi deisel thanks for the info by the way that number you gave me for muzzy worked fine the next day they have everything i need for my big bore build and performance parts all in the one shop

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Yes they sure do and you are welcome!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi guys can any one tell me if there is any difarence in performance between the EPI clutch system and the dulton system and i also would like to ask if any body has a genuine heavy duty belt avaliable from what i hear is that there all the same belt made from one company and oter people put there name to it and try to sell it as a heavy duty or extrem duty or server duty when its just a load of bull dust
I know that Dragonfire sells a kevlar racing belt that is a little bit more expensive than the severe duty belts out there. My buddy runs this on his Rhino and seems to works better for him than any other belt. But he also has the snowmobile clutch in his rhino and he does still break belts every once and a while. I believe DF is the only retailer selling this Kevlar belt.
On another note, I don't know if this belt will work on our Teryx's. I have heard the OEM works better. Does anyone know if the Dalton clutch is harder on belts or has anyone had problems with belts breaking?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
If you don't keep the deflection adjusted with your belt, that is when you have failures. The Dalton clutch seems easier on the belt to me due to the positive engagement. I have run EPI and Kawasaki factory belts and the EPI seems to last a little longer but the harder compound is probably wearing my sheaves faster... Next teardown I will know more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts