Teryx HQ banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what would be the best setup with the Dalton on a stock rig running 31" Outlaws. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have my manual, just looking for opinions and what other people are running with luck. The manual says for 30" tires no rivet and no set screw.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I would do then. Dale wrote it that way for a reason I am sure.
I just wanted to see if anyone else was running the setup I have and if so what worked best in the clutch, not to get smart ass comments from you.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I just wanted to see if anyone else was running the setup I have and if so what worked best in the clutch, not to get smart ass comments from you.
I don't think that Todd was being a smart ass. He is a no nonsense straight up talker and he advised you to follow Dale's instructions, that is all. Dale has done exhaustive testing himself and those of us who have talked to him know how teched and geeked out on the clutches he is. He is amazing, give him a call, you will see.

Anyway, start where the recommended is in the manual then fine tune if you need. Once you have a baseline, then you can say if you want a higher or lower engagement speed, or faster belt transition or slower from idle to fully clutched, then it is a lot easier to get setup info based on what you need after testing.

Anyway, sorry to butt in, but I know Todd and I very respectfully say to you that he was not trying to be an ass, seriously not his MO.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I got an idea, do it the way the manual says to, then let us know how it works! Just my smart ass comment.:laugh::D:laugh:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got an idea, do it the way the manual says to, then let us know how it works! Just my smart ass comment.:laugh::D:laugh:
I assume your smart ass has never looked at the manual for the dalton because it says for tires 30"+ this vehicle is prone to slippage, to get winched out and that is about it.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
My friend, I guarantee Todd was just trying to help you and not offend you in any way. Being that he did not have the manual in front of him and knowing that Dale has some setup advice in the manual, he just mentioned for you to look at the manual to ensure the correct answer.

Todd spends a lot of time helping others on this site and was just trying to do the same for you...honesly :good:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Smart Ass!

How about doing it a dumb-ass way and then giving us a smart-ass result!
Good idea Teee-rible, I am with you!!! Let us know how it slips, or works I mean... :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::wave:

·
Registered
42 Posts
EPI and 31"s

I'm running 31" Outlaws with the EPI kit. It does have some slippage, but I have not been stuck. Well, there was yesterday when I crossed across some truck ruts and high centered, but that doesn't count. :) I've got 30+ hours on the stock belt with the EPI clutch kit and the Outlaws. It is time for a belt replacement. BTW, all of the time has been on mud rides -- Rooster's MudJam, Louisiana Mudfest, and the Highlifter Park..

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I'm running 31" Outlaws with the EPI kit. It does have some slippage, but I have not been stuck. Well, there was yesterday when I crossed across some truck ruts and high centered, but that doesn't count. :) I've got 30+ hours on the stock belt with the EPI clutch kit and the Outlaws. It is time for a belt replacement. BTW, all of the time has been on mud rides -- Rooster's MudJam, Louisiana Mudfest, and the Highlifter Park..
Since you have run the EPI in these conditions, you should call Dale at Dalton and see if he wants to have you compare the Dalton Kit directly to what you have been experiencing. I would bet that he might just send you the stuff just because of the opportunity to have an end user test who does extreme riding Dale is very smart and teched out to the bone and is the kind of guy who would try to help if anyone is experiencing slippage. He is just like that.... 30 hours is not long on a belt. I also go through a lot of belts but I get at least 80 or more now that I am running the Dalton setup. Just a thought, but it would do us all a great service if you did the back to back and unbiased straight up comparison.

Also on a side note. I would LOVE to come to the Highlifter park sometime. I have run MST's on my Teryx and on my Vinson, I am a firm believer in Highlifter. I hope you call Dale and be as competitive as you can be, I know you can't be a whimp at Highlifter Park, or you eat roost all day. Rock on man!! Yea Baby!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts