Teryx HQ banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Muzzy, MSD, Dalton just installed, everything back together now and wondering is it supposed to have any stall? used amber spring, aluminum rivets, 2 set screws per weight. if it matters 27" tires. seems to do great once its going really just wondering about the stall. Thanks for any help.

·
383 Posts
Orange/blue will give higher engagement but it is pretty jumpy when trying slow speed manuevering.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The amber stall is so low you won't even notice. I likr the red and white V force john spring. for stock or muzzy. I have one BDP 20 shipped.

·
Registered
177 Posts
dalton kit

Just wondering I just got my Dalton kit and after reviewing the instructions I think I want the orange and blue with alum rivets and one screw does that sounds right to you guys. This is stock motor (no exhaust no CDI) Tire size is 28 laws. Also could someone explain what I will see with the amber spring vs orange. Please remember I am a clutch moron. Stall? LOL If you can put it into common terms I can understand that would be great. I ride trail and mud. Most common problem when in a hole is belt slip I would gather. Any information on what I need to tweak here would be great. Eager to get this thing put in and start breaking stuff. LOL.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Does my setup (spring weights) sound right to you for what I have? Do we have a dalton rep on here?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey Pit dog are you still having to wear a big boy diaper with that AMR 840.:laugh::laugh:
Big d the diaper is just for old guys like you.lol Just get you clutch weight kits from V force john,and hew will send them to you already set up and 100 cheaper . And it is a better kit.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i have the dalton kit and set it up as per instructions and feel i have to much stall. to decrease stall do i need to add or decrease allen screws in fly weits to accomplish this. I really dont wanna tear the whole works apart to change springs if i dont have to.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
i have the dalton kit and set it up as per instructions and feel i have to much stall. to decrease stall do i need to add or decrease allen screws in fly weits to accomplish this. I really dont wanna tear the whole works apart to change springs if i dont have to.
They won't affect stall, only the primary spring will. If you used the Amber spring and you have a lot of stall something maybe installed wrong.

Should just be about 200 to 500 more rpm than stock and if you gas on it and go not even notice it

·
Registered
177 Posts
By adding grommet screws what changes in the clutch dynamics? I currently only have one in. What difference if any should I notice less lag in engagement?

·
383 Posts
I think I want the orange and blue with alum rivets and one screw does that sounds right to you guys. This is stock motor (no exhaust no CDI) Tire size is 28 laws. Also could someone explain what I will see with the amber spring vs orange. Most common problem when in a hole is belt slip I would gather. .
Orange/blue, aluminum rivet and one screw in each arm should be pretty close for you. The laws are a pretty aggresive tire and a fair bit heavier than stock for sure. Orange/blue spring will give the motor a higher engagement RPM so it is making more power to turn the tires right off the bat. The rivet and one screw will allow the motor to rev higher during shift phase therefore making more power also. I am running the orange/blue spring on my machine and other than it being a little jerky off the line it works well the rest of the time.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well since the clutch kit install I'm two belts down. Smoked both. Is this something that will be common with the clutch kit. I had better luck with the original belt. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Well since the clutch kit install I'm two belts down. Smoked both. Is this something that will be common with the clutch kit. I had better luck with the original belt. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have the aqua colored secondary spring in your kit?

I know the 840 kit Brute build I did has 31 outlaws on it dalton clutch and the guy races it plus it has the EPI severe duty belt on it has not had any belt issues.

It is all about the right set up for what you have

1 - 17 of 17 Posts