Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yepp...I scored these yesterday at DASA...

And the air box eliminator...

Pipes, jetting and air box eliminator added 10 hp to the stock baseline. Very nice and quiet for a set of duals. Sounds throaty but not obnoxiously loud like some of the systems out there. Can actually have a conversation with your passenger without yelling...Taking it out to Glamis with the DASA crew for some testing tomorrow at Glamis.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Interesting, they look nice. Wonder what that chamber is behind the cannisters?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hmmm well pretty cool...do you have a db rating on them?

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm well pretty cool...do you have a db rating on them?
Not yet but we will by the end of the week....we had to hurry and get that one ready for Glamis. Now that we are back we will get a DB rating and some video with sound up...LOTS of people were shocked by how quiet it was at Glamis...:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Quiet is good. Most of the Teryx exhaust I have experienced first hand is too loud.
How quiet is quiet. I want a little noise like Flowmasters on a car. What kind of money did those bad boys set you back? Also, I thought you had to have the airbox for vacumn. Did you have to change your carbs? Sounds like something I'd like to do:D

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quiet is good. Most of the Teryx exhaust I have experienced first hand is too loud.
Thats was my MAJOR concern and I can tell you that this is a perfect set-up...good tone but not obnoxious...

How quiet is quiet. I want a little noise like Flowmasters on a car. What kind of money did those bad boys set you back? Also, I thought you had to have the airbox for vacumn. Did you have to change your carbs? Sounds like something I'd like to do:D
You do not have to run an air box. All that was required was a re-jet. I believe list on this set-up is about $1000 but you should call DASA and find out for sure...worth every penny...:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thats was my MAJOR concern and I can tell you that this is a perfect set-up...good tone but not obnoxious...

You do not have to run an air box. All that was required was a re-jet. I believe list on this set-up is about $1000 but you should call DASA and find out for sure...worth every penny...:D
Thanks for the info. I was under the impression an airbox was required. I'll have to call DASA and find out some more information. I'm curious how these pipes compare to the Muzzys. I figure the Muzzys are a little louder, but what about the horsepower? Anyone out there know how these two systems compare?:confused:

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info. I was under the impression an airbox was required. I'll have to call DASA and find out some more information. I'm curious how these pipes compare to the Muzzys. I figure the Muzzys are a little louder, but what about the horsepower? Anyone out there know how these two systems compare?:confused:
DASA pipes are renowned for putting down big HP gains as well as a quality fit and finish. I'll post the dyno sheets after we play with different length mid pipes. I won't have a Muzzy to compare it too though...

And no one will have a comparison test for awhile since mine is only the 3rd DASA dual exhaust for the Teryx out there right now...they are produced by hand and there will be a waiting list...the sooner you jump on the list, the better...:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
DASA pipes are renowned for putting down big HP gains as well as a quality fit and finish. I'll post the dyno sheets after we play with different length mid pipes. I won't have a Muzzy to compare it too though...

And no one will have a comparison test for awhile since mine is only the 3rd DASA dual exhaust for the Teryx out there right now...they are produced by hand and there will be a waiting list...the sooner you jump on the list, the better...:D
I tried to access some information via the internet on the DASA exhaust system and obviously I'm going to have to call since these are so new. I think I will wait until you finish your dyno so I can see what you end up for horsepower. I would like to see a comparison test between the Muzzys and DASA pipes at some point before spending the big bucks for a system.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tried to access some information via the internet on the DASA exhaust system and obviously I'm going to have to call since these are so new. I think I will wait until you finish your dyno so I can see what you end up for horsepower. I would like to see a comparison test between the Muzzys and DASA pipes at some point before spending the big bucks for a system.
I hear ya there bro...thats alot of cheese to stack up for a system...I'm going over there tonight so I will try to get some video up so you can hear them...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I hear ya there bro...thats alot of cheese to stack up for a system...I'm going over there tonight so I will try to get some video up so you can hear them...
I'd like to hear them bad boys. Can't wait to hear that video. Does any of our sponsors plan to sell these systems or is the system only available from the manufacturer?

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd like to hear them bad boys. Can't wait to hear that video. Does any of our sponsors plan to sell these systems or is the system only available from the manufacturer?
I dunno...not alot of people even stock DASA's...I would just call them direct...talk to Tanya, she runs the desk and tracks the pipe orders, and get on the list...ASAP...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts