Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went by DASA today and looked in on the progress...nice...for those that are waiting you will be pleased...these will be the only pipes on the market with a TRUE equal length head pipe set-up...enjoy...

Remember these are the mock ups hence the mig welds...there will also be a O2 bung on the rear pipe for maximum AF mapping adjustments...very cool...

·
Registered
668 Posts
So...are we looking at the backyard $300 model :eek: ....or the upscale $500model....:laugh:.....?

Looks great, how'd they sound....comparable to....????

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Big bore kit is going in tomorrow. We will be dynoing it this weekend. FUELATV came over and threw in te dalton clutch tonight. So it is on for sat. We also have a prototype programmable ignition that works sweet. So we should have some nice numbers this weekend.

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE
Talked to Dan Mon. he said this is not the pipe. I asked him about it because the front head pipe looked too long for what I asked for on my kits.

We have now past the due date on the ATV Rider build:mad:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Not sure what he said. I can tell you that is the pipes we will be running this weekend. We can adjust the lengths to make them shorter. We can also change out 3 different cores and three different size endcaps and we can even go 3 inches shorter on the cans. All can be done very easy and will be done on the dyno this weekend. We will run all these combos and see what makes the most HP. The total inside length of the pipe is very close to the numbers we talked about. As far as the deadlines go i know i have been on it to get a

1. programmable fuel controller
2. programmable ignition

I now have both of those installed and working and have done it in about 4 weeks. Something nobody else even has now. We have not even had the 2009 teryx for 2 months and we have come along long ways in these 6 weeks. It wont be much longer now.

·
Registered
983 Posts
How loud would that be? So no canisters at all? just megaphones? I know Our pipes out perform other brands that use megaphones. I know Dan will take what you have said and mix it with soem Dasa magic and have a killer set of pipes. We will have the complete thing slip fit for testing and we will shorten them up and see how loud it gets. We will be testing alot of options. We will be stepping it up to 2 and 1/4 into the canisters. Bottom line is whatever it takes to make HP we will do. So i guess we will see saturday. Producing a killer set of pipes will just take time. Just look at our Track record on any TRX450 forum, LTR450 forum, KFX450 forum or YFZ450 forum and you will see our pipes make HP......these will be no different.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
How loud would that be? So no canisters at all? just megaphones? I know Our pipes out perform other brands that use megaphones. I know Dan will take what you have said and mix it with soem Dasa magic and have a killer set of pipes. We will have the complete thing slip fit for testing and we will shorten them up and see how loud it gets. We will be testing alot of options. We will be stepping it up to 2 and 1/4 into the canisters. Bottom line is whatever it takes to make HP we will do. So i guess we will see saturday. Producing a killer set of pipes will just take time. Just look at our Track record on any TRX450 forum, LTR450 forum, KFX450 forum or YFZ450 forum and you will see our pipes make HP......these will be no different.

You would still keep the cans with big cores. You have to remember this is a V-Twin CVT motor. You are not running up through the RPM range in each gear until it gets to peak power,you are clutching it to run at peak power(or just under). This is not a 450 sport quad!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Will do .... we will test as many combos as we can on sat. When we talked we both agreed we wanted to make more HP then the muzzy .... AND stay as close as possible to the same DB levels. As we shorten the cans, open the cores up larger, shorten the head pipes and step up the pipes you know it gets louder and louder. We have alot of R&D into crossovers and other tricks to get the DB down and not lose HP. This can be seen on the pipe Joe Byrd is running. We will do everything we can to make the most hp and keep it as quiet as we can.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts