Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend at Glamis, I was putting around Sunday night looking for fire wood, and it just died on me while it was running. Got back to camp and realized it was my battery. IT JUST DIED I have NO stereo , just the 4 HIDs from Checkers. Is it possible my lights are drawing more than my alt. is putting out? Yes my hids were on.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Your HIDs and headlights were on?

Not sure what the draw is on all of that, suppose it is possible you were drawing for than you were charging. For that exact reason I am awaiting the arrival of my volt gauge.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your HIDs and headlights were on?

Not sure what the draw is on all of that, suppose it is possible you were drawing for than you were charging. For that exact reason I am awaiting the arrival of my volt gauge.
Yes, HIDs AND headlights were on. I deffinately need to check voltage, but for security, I think WE should invest in one of those $150 dry cell batteries. What do ya think?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I am definately looking at atleast upgrading the battery here shortly. Granted a different battery will not change the fact that there is only so much voltage coming from the stock charging system.

I need to work on finding an alternator kit or something to increase the charging ability of the machine.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I have a message out right now looking for info. If I have time before the photoshoot, I was supposed to work with someone here in Phoenix on doing an alternator kit. I will be sure to keep everyone in the loop!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Over the weekend at Glamis, I was putting around Sunday night looking for fire wood, and it just died on me while it was running. Got back to camp and realized it was my battery. IT JUST DIED I have NO stereo , just the 4 HIDs from Checkers. Is it possible my lights are drawing more than my alt. is putting out? Yes my hids were on.
Kinda funny have never seen trees in glamis what were ya gonna cut down for fire wood...LOL I know what ya meant...what people left behind etc... I have 4- 4" chk hid and 2-7 ones... I have stock battery...I battery tender befor eeach trip and when I dont need light I turn extra off...no problem so far...only matter of time though I am sure...although my last run this weekend I had them all on for a long ride and came out ok...but will always be problem till we get unlimited power source..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts