Teryx HQ banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few kills from last season. Now that the heat is on, and the coyotes are paired up to make pups, I lay low till it cools off in sept to resume the the slayin:D

Heres a cool shot of a coyote that back doored my buddy. He hit the brakes when he picked up his scent. Wind shifted and came within 6 feet from behind him. I snapped the pic, then signaled that he had one at the back door makin his escape... so he tried. Got him about 10 yards with a shotgun blast to the back of the head with some 3" number 4 buckshot!

Rookie!

·
Registered
82 Posts
HELL YEAH MAN!!!! Those are some good pics. I love coyote hunting. We do it quite often in west Texas. It is a blast. I hope the other members on this forum who read your post realize what an important part of wildlife management it is. It isn't just about going out and killing some animals. We play an important role in keeping their populations from over running our cities and urban areas. Thanks for doing your part brother. Keep those good pics coming.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I am the president of a hunting club and I have a guy that come to me about this time every year and gets me to sign a waiver for him to go on to our hunting club and trap coyotes and he then sells them to guys that have coyote and fox pens that they lease out to have field trials with walker hounds, its has always been a big deal in north Louisianna, just down the road from my house there are a bunch a broiler(chicken) houses and they really attract the coyotes where they dump alot of the dead chickens, there is a Con Agra processing plant in the town that I live in and within a 20 mile radius there are several hundred chicken farms and that really draws the coyotes and fox.

·
Registered
106 Posts
HELL YEAH MAN!!!! Those are some good pics. I love coyote hunting. We do it quite often in west Texas. It is a blast. I hope the other members on this forum who read your post realize what an important part of wildlife management it is. It isn't just about going out and killing some animals. We play an important role in keeping their populations from over running our cities and urban areas. Thanks for doing your part brother. Keep those good pics coming.
:):good::good::good:

·
Registered
56 Posts
They are pests, and carry all sorts disease and are out of control with over population, it is important to hunt many animals not just the tasty ones for good conservation and the health and habitat of the animals. And it is fun!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.