Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I had the valve clearance set by the dealer cause I simply didn't have the time to do it, and now it backfires and seems to miss at higher RPMS.

I have tried switching between aftermarket CDI and Stock CDI and it makes no difference, as well as I reviewed all the typical stuff like filter, fuel lines, spark plugs,etc.

This leads me to believe the valves might be too loose, can anyone confirm this might be a good place to start.

·
Registered
604 Posts
make sure your carb boots is sealed correctly and also where the airbox connects to the carbs.if all of this checks out....then i would say you need another adjustment.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ok so I had the valve clearance set by the dealer cause I simply didn't have the time to do it, and now it backfires and seems to miss at higher RPMS.

I have tried switching between aftermarket CDI and Stock CDI and it makes no difference, as well as I reviewed all the typical stuff like filter, fuel lines, spark plugs,etc.

This leads me to believe the valves might be too loose, can anyone confirm this might be a good place to start.
Valves being to loose wouldn't cause this issue and you would hear them clattering if they were to loose.

Chokes sticking?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Choke doesn't appear to be sticking and it starts really well, I have to go out to the farm this weekend so I will inspect the intake and ensure a boot hasn't been mis installed or slipped off.

Thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
Keep in mind that the feel of the cable won't tell you if the chokes are sticking as one choke plunger will work normally but the other will be stuck open and won't return all the way. If you flip the carbs upside down you can see where the plungers slide in and close and you can also see them when you take the plastic cover off for the needles and take out the slides.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts