Teryx HQ banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else have this prob? The lever that locks in diff lock pulls back a couple clicks on its own. Looking in vents under handle in front of console I can see extra cable doubled over where it hooks to lever assembley when fully unlocked. When I let go of the handle it pushes it back a couple clicks. Is it stretched or out of adjustment?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Make sure when you release the cable that it retracts like it is suppose to. Mine was froze up and so is my freinds. Bought new cable and works great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I unhooked the cable at the front diff and took for a ride. Turns like new. looks like its been stuck in lock. How does a cable with 1000 miles on it go bad? This rig is starting to get to me. Starting to get sick or dumb shit that shouldn't break breaking. lets see A arm gaurds, skid plates, plastic on sides, front bumper, parking brake cable, diff lock cable and whatever else. I should live on a sand dune i guess. Never buy one again. Rhino was better!

·
Registered
158 Posts
well I unhooked the cable at the front diff and took for a ride. Turns like new. looks like its been stuck in lock. How does a cable with 1000 miles on it go bad? This rig is starting to get to me. Starting to get sick or dumb shit that shouldn't break breaking. lets see A arm gaurds, skid plates, plastic on sides, front bumper, parking brake cable, diff lock cable and whatever else. I should live on a sand dune i guess. Never buy one again. Rhino was better!
Sounds like most of your problems have been on the plastic stuff, and the only mechanical issues have been the 2 cables. That dont seem to bad. Is it all rocks where you ride? The Sand is much more forgiving for sure, could be more strain on the motor though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
you must be wicked hard on things i beat the hell out of mine. Rocks,logs,mud,snow,sand,street granted my rocker panels are beat to hell but thats kind of why i bought it i ride with rhinoceros' and they seem to have more probs than my rex maybe its the type of riding i guess

·
Registered
23 Posts
After reading this thread I went down and checked my differential cable because it has been turning hard for the past couple months. My cable was also froze. Fortunately the front differential cable is only $25. I am just wondering what I should do to the cable to prevent it from locking up on me again.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Get a cable luber from kawasaki dealer like i did. I kinda dont even think mine was lubed from the get go. I had to replace mine because it was locked up also.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am hard on it, I use it trail riding, hunting, and ice fishing. Nothing major has broke, but its a pain dinking around with the little shit. Stuff I shouldn't need to after spending 10 g's on something called an UTV. More plastic n push pins on my teryx than my 4-runner, thats pretty bad!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Only 390 miles on my 09 and cable froze. Only used diff lock once. Kawi wont cover cables. Maybe kawi should add luber from factory??? Frustrating.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I try to use my diff lock once and a while...just to keep it in use. I have a 2010 Sport and I've rode the piss out of it, no issues as of yet, all I've done is change the oil and clean the filter. I'll br bring it in for a full service soon though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
1600 miles and the only problems are the plastic or in my case the lack of it on mine :D:laugh: and the a arm bushings are total garbage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look the cable up in kawi oem parts. They know its junk and now its a new part #. Just a extra $25 for being a kawi owner!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a cable luber off ebay for $5.30 shipped to my house. My cable frost up at 25 hours. just write in cable luber in ebay. Buy the cheapest. They are all the same.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So can you pull this lever while the vehicle is in motion?? Say like you are climbing a hill and things are slowing down due to traction loss.. Can you just grab that front diff lock and pull on it? Or does the machine have to be stopped?

RD

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yes you can just pull it while still or in motion

1 - 15 of 15 Posts