Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the 2010 and newer teryx axles are larger than the 2009 axles where they ride in the wheel bearing? Another way of asking, is the bore size of the 2010 and newer rear wheel bearing larger than the 2008-2009?

I have a 2009 and want to upgrade my rear stub axles due to breakage. Thanks

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the 2010 and newer teryx axles are larger than the 2009 axles where they ride in the wheel bearing? Another way of asking, is the bore size of the 2010 and newer rear wheel bearing larger than the 2008-2009?

I have a 2009 and want to upgrade my rear stub axles due to breakage. Thanks
Kawi has not not changed the axles since 08, I just looked up stock part numbers same on all models.

We do sell axles complete for $125 shipped with no warranty and $150 with

Todd

·
383 Posts
Kawi has not not changed the axles since 08

Todd
Dont forget about that the 08 axles are different splines on the front shafts where it joins the outer CV, (08 is course spline, 09and up is fine spline). in case someone buys 08 axles to use for parts on a 09-12 model they will be sad to find out they dont fit. The rears are all the same though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kawi has not not changed the axles since 08, I just looked up stock part numbers same on all models.

We do sell axles complete for $125 shipped with no warranty and $150 with

Todd

thanks todd. i really want to upgrade to a stronger setup since i run tracks in the winter, and they stress the stub axles a lot nore than tiress. The one i broke looked like it was cracked for a while before it finally let go.

a setup where the hub has a stub that presses into the bearing would be a lot stronger than the stock setup.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Dont forget about that the 08 axles are different splines on the front shafts where it joins the outer CV, (08 is course spline, 09and up is fine spline). in case someone buys 08 axles to use for parts on a 09-12 model they will be sad to find out they dont fit. The rears are all the same though.
I was looking at rears

I guess we need to change something, the manufacturer said 08 forward and I just looked up parts and the 09 forward are the same.

Thanks for the heads up, I have not not tried to install them.

Weird no one has said anything yet when we have them listed for 08 forward

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
thanks todd. i really want to upgrade to a stronger setup since i run tracks in the winter, and they stress the stub axles a lot nore than tiress. The one i broke looked like it was cracked for a while before it finally let go.

a setup where the hub has a stub that presses into the bearing would be a lot stronger than the stock setup.
Sometimes it is just less trouble and less money to replace them when it happens. Hard to beat $125 shipped on a OEM quality axle

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I did some research on this. On several brands of aftermarket axles for the front of a Teryx they use the same axle on all years.

I talked with the manufacturer of our axles, they said same and no reports of issues.

I do see a part number different for a 08 model must have been something like the joint not the splines you mentioned or people would be complaining they didn't fit. Maybe it was the spines on the axle bar and CV joint not the splines on the ends of the axle for wheel and diff.

Can you shed any more light on this cause we are stumped.

·
383 Posts
Can you shed any more light on this cause we are stumped.
If you have an 08 front axle and break the outer cv joint, or go with a long travel kit that comes with axle shafts and not complete axles you have to buy a 08 cv joint or a kit for a 08. The 08 outer cv has course splines on the shaft and the 09 and newer has fine spline, so if you do what I did and buy a long travel kit for a 08 but are putting it on a 2010 the axles that come with the 08 kit wont fit 2010 front outer CV joint, or vice versa.

·
383 Posts
Correct Todd. If using a complete axle it will fit all years except the T4 (Its wider) so I would assume the axle is longer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts