Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Four Stroke Tech has been kind enough to supply us with their 840cc big bore kit with stage III cams for use on our Teryx build.

We are very excited to be working with them and are anxious to get the kit installed on the machine.

You can check out the Four Stroke Tech website at:

Welcome to Four Stroke Tech.net!

Installation will be featured on the TeryxHQ Teryx build page while discussions will take place in this thread. If you have questions, comments, etc. please feel free to post them in this thread.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Does Mickey do the total rebuild in his shop??? I want to drop off a motor and pick up a ready to go-install- and ride. I work too much O/T and daughters keep me too busy to spend hours in the garage everynight rebuilding, rejetting, testing and rejetting, etc.

That is one reason that the Dial-a-jet interests me.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know what, I believe he does do builds there, however, I would have to leave it up to him to answer that for sure.

Mickey and I did discuss the dial-a-jet, I am thinking that I will be utilizing that as well.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Does Mickey do the total rebuild in his shop??? I want to drop off a motor and pick up a ready to go-install- and ride. I work too much O/T and daughters keep me too busy to spend hours in the garage everynight rebuilding, rejetting, testing and rejetting, etc.

That is one reason that the Dial-a-jet interests me.
Yes we do,but this time of year I am backed up and not taking on any new jobs for 4 month. Also I a have 6 other magazine projects to do, plus finish a new shop and move. After that I hope to be caught up and able to give quicker turn arounds.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you feel that way, that is what we strive for!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL ya they tried to deliver yesterday...had to go pick it up today!

Made arrangements to drop it off, as soon as the exhaust gets here, it is getting done :good:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wonder what this kit and 31" Outlaws would do to the drivetrain on my Teryx!! The dealership that I picked mine up for is pushing me into ordering a big bore kit on mine along with a 6 - 8 inch lift....

I think it would eat those Gorilla axles......:D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks like a nice kit. Very excited to see how this comes together.

So, who is going to build it?
Does it come with instructions?
Are you going to use the stock carbs?

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
I wonder what this kit and 31" Outlaws would do to the drivetrain on my Teryx!! The dealership that I picked mine up for is pushing me into ordering a big bore kit on mine along with a 6 - 8 inch lift....

I think it would eat those Gorilla axles......:D
The one's I have sold guys down south have been running my stage 2 cams with the big tires. No one has said they have had any problems but they might not call me about it if they do,more likely they would call someone like Gorilla.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Looks like a nice kit. Very excited to see how this comes together.

So, who is going to build it?
Does it come with instructions?
Are you going to use the stock carbs?
I think it's going to Weller Racing to get dynoed before and after, but most people do it them selves with a shop book. If you can rebuild a stocker you can do this. This is the best bang for the buck. Doing carbs and port & flow work will give you alot more HP but you will pay double to get half as much more power over this bolt on kit. IMO this is the best power for the money with a CDI and Muzzy pipe. Also don't forget the Dalton clutch.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whoops sorry missed this. Yes the plan is to do a dyno run before the kit is installed and then another once the kit is installed and the motor tuned. I cannot wait to get it on there, really have a good feeling about it ;)

In addition, yes, Weller Racing will be doing the actual motor build. I am sure I could do it, however, there is something said for having it done by motor builders like Weller.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just waiting on my pipes, hopefully going in this week :good: WOOHOO!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the motor is together, just breaking it in...did the dyno run and the tuning, did not have large enough jets so we drilled then out until the larger ones arrive. We estimate at this time we are running a 205 front and rear jet.

I will post the dyno results tomorrow (left the sheet in the office) but I can tell you we more than doubled our horsepower from stock. I can already tell that this thing wants to move!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sounds great DP! Cant wait to see the dyno charts and hear a full ride report!!:D

1 - 20 of 55 Posts