Teryx HQ banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Here is the dyno report...I will have an electronic copy soon. As you can see, quite a large increase from stock. Ignore where it shows 190 main jets, he forgot to change that.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well you can definately feel the additional power, unfortunately, I blew my belt before I could really try things out :( I had been being a good boy and breaking the motor in when I started to get into a little bit on sand highway and sure enough, snap goes the belt.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Well you can definately feel the additional power, unfortunately, I blew my belt before I could really try things out :( I had been being a good boy and breaking the motor in when I started to get into a little bit on sand highway and sure enough, snap goes the belt.
WOW, was it a stock belt? Did you have the Dalton kit in?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yes stock belt with Dalton clutch and overdrive cover. I think the belt was loose but it smoked a little the night before when I got stuck in the sand and we were trying to get it out.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ya so I will get another best and get that bad boy installed :good:

Good news is that the motor has gone through atleast six heat cycles, so it should be good to go!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Only update is that the belt came in the other day and has been installed :good:

Like I said, the motor is really strong, we are almost done with everything, some final last minute changes and we should be good to go.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
It is looking like the middle of November :yahoo:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So I had a chance to try out the 840 on pavement...holy cow, totally different than in the sand, it really pulls the front end up.

Anyhow, just thought I would share that will all of you!

·
Registered
266 Posts
So I had a chance to try out the 840 on pavement...holy cow, totally different than in the sand, it really pulls the front end up.

Anyhow, just thought I would share that will all of you!
Hey DP,
I see that you are located in AZ. So you do your riding in the desert? This I am asking is I am considering an 840 kit and I ride in the desert near EL Centro/ Yuma border. I want to know what type of riding you do, ie sand dunes or hard pack? and how long your normal rides are? Do you have any overheating issues with the 840? Also, have you continued to break belts? Did you install a temp gauge? How much performance increase did you get in the sand? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your machine sounds awesome....
The Trail Tech computer you're hoping for won't work on your Teryx. It's built for a single piston machine. The billett adapter looks awesome but you will not get what you want. Had it installed ....it's back in the box. If I can't return it.,please buy mine....great deal. Had to put the 2nd gen Kaw back on. Talk to the factory in detail b4 u spend your money. Yes they have the adapter...no computer for it. I think they send out the Rhino. The instructions included a section on putting it on a motorcycle.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts