Teryx HQ banner

Discussion Topic For Four Stroke Tech 840cc Kit

34K views 54 replies 19 participants last post by  pit dog 
#1 ·
Four Stroke Tech has been kind enough to supply us with their 840cc big bore kit with stage III cams for use on our Teryx build.

We are very excited to be working with them and are anxious to get the kit installed on the machine.

You can check out the Four Stroke Tech website at:

Welcome to Four Stroke Tech.net!

Installation will be featured on the TeryxHQ Teryx build page while discussions will take place in this thread. If you have questions, comments, etc. please feel free to post them in this thread.

#35 ·
It is looking like the middle of November :yahoo:

#36 ·
So I had a chance to try out the 840 on pavement...holy cow, totally different than in the sand, it really pulls the front end up.

Anyhow, just thought I would share that will all of you!

#38 ·
Hey DP,
I see that you are located in AZ. So you do your riding in the desert? This I am asking is I am considering an 840 kit and I ride in the desert near EL Centro/ Yuma border. I want to know what type of riding you do, ie sand dunes or hard pack? and how long your normal rides are? Do you have any overheating issues with the 840? Also, have you continued to break belts? Did you install a temp gauge? How much performance increase did you get in the sand? Thanks for the info.

#39 ·
Your machine sounds awesome....
The Trail Tech computer you're hoping for won't work on your Teryx. It's built for a single piston machine. The billett adapter looks awesome but you will not get what you want. Had it installed ....it's back in the box. If I can't return it.,please buy mine....great deal. Had to put the 2nd gen Kaw back on. Talk to the factory in detail b4 u spend your money. Yes they have the adapter...no computer for it. I think they send out the Rhino. The instructions included a section on putting it on a motorcycle.

#41 ·
OK What are we looking at to build an 840 on a 09 rex? Can you break down all the parts and price? Also can you run an 840 on pump gas? If not how big can you go on pump gas and what are the parts and price for that? Thanks

#42 ·
For my pistons,head gaskets,cams and valve springs it's on sale till fFriday for $799. If you want us to do the cylinders it's another $500. CNC porting with 1.5mm bigger stainless valves are $1400 more. The rest of the stuff is from DASA,you need to talk with him on those prices.

Yes it runs on pump gas!

#43 ·
Recently purchased FST 840 kit

A good friend of mine just purchased this kit from fst and i dont know how he keeping his cool. Placed order and mailed all cores in on a friday and fst recieved cores the next day (sat). Two weeks later after being paid in full and recieving all cores the kit finally makes it to its destination :( assuming hes covered up or something he lets it slide. Now my friend works 6 days a week so he doesnt have much time to do the kit. We get geared up to get the thing back on the road tonight every things going good until we cant get the damn pistons in the cylinders. Now come on uve had plenty of time to get the kit right. Theres a 2 millimeter differance between the piston and cylinder. 89.45mm piston 87.45mm cylinder!! Anyone can tell that will not work. And thats not all we cant get ahold of mickey to see what the f*** hes gonna do about it. If your gonna do a bbk on your rex please let this message be part of your decission in choosing the best vendor to go with.

#46 ·
A good friend of mine just purchased this kit from fst and i dont know how he keeping his cool. Placed order and mailed all cores in on a friday and fst recieved cores the next day (sat). Two weeks later after being paid in full and recieving all cores the kit finally makes it to its destination :( assuming hes covered up or something he lets it slide. Now my friend works 6 days a week so he doesnt have much time to do the kit. We get geared up to get the thing back on the road tonight every things going good until we cant get the damn pistons in the cylinders. Now come on uve had plenty of time to get the kit right. Theres a 2 millimeter differance between the piston and cylinder. 89.45mm piston 87.45mm cylinder!! Anyone can tell that will not work. And thats not all we cant get ahold of mickey to see what the f*** hes gonna do about it. If your gonna do a bbk on your rex please let this message be part of your decission in choosing the best vendor to go with.
Really, Your bitching about a problem your friend has with his kit before you even gave FST a chance to fix the problem. I can say that all builders at one time or another have had mistakes, but its how they handle the problem and make it right or wrong that should be bitched about. Not jumping to conclusions and posting negative information before you have the facts. Micky was out of his shop around the end of December and anybody who had any contact with him at this time, would have known this. If you have a problem with FST, than come out and say it for your self, not "my friend has this issue" Blah blah blah.
JMHO

#47 ·
Wapiti1. Just for your info, if someone else has a problem with a company i would want to know about it before I invested thousands of dollars in there product! And if you cant agree to that then your retarded. Also when this happened Mickey was not out of his shop. If I made a product and were selling it to the public and someone had an issue with it I would want for them to be able to get answers or fixes any hour of any day! Mickey did resolve the problem and I thank him for that!! The big picture is: that this is not how I do business and thats not how i like buiness handled plain an simple! Sorry you couldn't read between the lines!!!

#48 ·
Wow man you think you can get a hold any vendor on a Sunday night if you have a problem? Name one please! I THINK YOU ARE A LITTLE OUT THERE! This was some simple mistake,not bad business.I think you should be saying you are sorry to the guy,because you are in the wrong by the way you handled this.JMO

#50 ·
My engine builder answers my calls on Sundays. I have his home number and cell number. That's customer service. Sorry you don't have it that good Dave. :laugh: Mind you, he has never shipped me pistons that don't fit the cylinders. :p

I can understand the guys pain. Finally gets time to get it done. Engine apart and Teryx useless... wrong parts. Gay.

#52 ·
I take it you are the same Camo from KawieRiders.

I was going to buy from your builder,but after waiting 8 months for parts I gave up. I kept getting a different story every time I called,that is when he would take my calls! Then I called JE pistons and he didn't even have them on order.When I told him that I called JE,he said he had the pistons,but now he is waiting on cams. So, yes I called Web Cam and the girl laughed and said they wouldn't sell cams to him anymore because none of his credit cards worked. Next thing you know he moves,changes his phone numbers and the name of his company,not to hard to see why.

As far as his customer service,he has customers motors for over 4 years!

Can you understand those customers pain?

#54 ·
Does anybody else miss Mickey, he was always good for a chuckle. Let him come back and liven up this place. :wave: Mickey wherever you are. :D:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.