Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Muzzys Performance has been kind enough to supply us with their full dual stainless exhaust sytem for use on our Teryx build.

We are very excited to be working with them and are anxious to get the exhaust sytem installed on the machine.

You can check out the Muzzys Performance website at:

Muzzys Performance Motorcycle Exhaust Systems & Parts

Installation will be featured on the TeryxHQ Teryx build page while discussions will take place in this thread. If you have questions, comments, etc. please feel free to post them in this thread.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The Muzzy has always been the best exhuast on Kawie V-Twins. They make the most hp and sound the best. The teryx one is supposed to be two into one back into two canisters to keep noise to a minumum, I heard they will offer a quiet core for the hunters and for the real sensitive noise areas.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes we are quite excited to get it here and installed. I have always had great luck with the Muzzys, therefore, do not think this experience will be any different. The system looks great, definately a welcomed addition to the project.

·
Registered
722 Posts
So did the muzzy ehaust show up yet? If not probably this next week huh.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No not yet, I believe they are just finishing up and getting ready to start shipping production units.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i wonder how this is gonna compare to the gibson exhaust?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Anybody know what the db's are going to be on the muzzy? I want the performance of an aftermarket exhaust but I don't want it to dang loud.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spoke to Muzzys and they just put the exhaust on the Teryx. While they could say the exhaust sounds nice and throaty, they have not taken an official sound reading as of yet. As soon as they have that information, I will be sure to share it with you. Sounds like units will start shipping Friday, April 25th or Monday, April 28th.

·
Registered
722 Posts
That is good news that they are about ready to ship. Please keep us updated as to sound and cost. Maybe diesel should do a pipe shootout what do you think.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
722 Posts
OUCH that is spendy compared to the Gibson. How much more powere can it produce? Regardless that is to rich for my blood. I can think of a lot of ways to spend that kind of coin.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Seems Like $899 is the going price for all of the Full systems. The sound and performance is worth every penny to me. I'd Gibson will be alot cheaper because it is just a slip-on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anyone done a dyno test with a Gibson and Muzzy exhast to see how much difference there is in HP between the two to warrant the extra $400 for the muzzy?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I believe there has been such a test I will have to look for it after work. Todd from Hunterworks might chime in it might have been him that has done this test.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Muzzy exhaust system

Well I have a 5 seater teryx with the dynatek cdi and thats it for mods. I raced the exact same teryx with the AFE intake and the muzzy exhaust system. thats the only difference between the two other than the other teryx also had long travel which should have been in my favor. We raced and it wasnt reallly a race at all, he kicked my ass to be blunt. And it sounds so nice!!! Just thought I would share that with all of you.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya the Muzzys pipe sound awesome to say the least. :good:

·
Registered
242 Posts
How does it compare to Sound level? I dig Good Sound but hate Overly loud
I'm incredibly impressed at how quiet they are, They have a nice sweet rumble, but they are not annoying like most aftermarket pipe systems (LA Choppers, Dragonfire, Two Brothers) I want to be able to not have to scream to talk to whoever is riding with me , and to not have a headache when I get to where I am going :)

1 - 20 of 92 Posts