Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here it goes...tired of oil puke in the air box and I just can't see paying $35-$40 for solution so here is what I did: Went to Lowes and bought a 3/4" PVC electrical fitting ($2.98), (2) 1/2" PVC female adapters ($0.32 each), 1/2" Pipe thread to 3/8" barb nylon elbow fitting ($1.88) and 1/2" pipe to 3/8" barb brass fitting ($3.53)...Got the UNI breather for $10 at shop. Total cost $19.03 (I had TPE paste, tie wraps and hose clamps at the house so those were not included in the cost)

Assembled

Cut the breather line at the top of the elbow in existing line

Tie wraped the excess back on the plenum

Clamped my DIY Siphon break to the bottom and tie wraped it to the plenum

If oil pukes up it will collect in the res. and once the pressure decreases will drain the oil back into the crankcase instead of blowing it into the air box. Oh, I RTV'ed the front cover of the electrical PVC to seal the box up. If it ever breaks there is always a Lowes/Home Depot/Ace HArdware to repair/replace.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Just need to paint it Monster Green or put AmsOil stickers on it and sell it for $40. I know since the barrel of oil has plumetted, I am sure so has the price of AmsOil's products so probably no margin left in selling their oil, good job on doing it the redneck ingenious way! LOL!:D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AZ-amsoil,

You are either a redneck or electrician!!! LOL!!
BSEE by school...notice your TPI valves on the air box? I love your carb kit! Thx again Todd

Hey az amsoil, does it work? Good job.
Works fine

umm... well it should work, but ummm...hide it cuz its ugly.
That's what the engine cover is for!!! The $40 ones look like a toilet float with a filter on top, I figured at least PVC would hold up better!!!

...and yes! REDNECK all the way!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Todd

I'm just putting on an MSD & Muzzy's on my 2010. I haven't heard if the oil issue is still a problem for the 2010's or not.

If it is, do you think this DIY thing is a good option?

I would buy a HW "STOP" but I'm in Manitoba Canada and it would cost me just as much for shipping as the "STOP would.

A DIY solution sounds a lot better to me.

From what I've gathered at this site, your opinion is on of the most valued.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mines been fine for over a 1 1/2 years. I bought 2 of everything and keep it in my trailer box in case it breaks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts