Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to pass along a little tip for those of you who tow in the open. I've always used Pledge as my polish of choice for ATV plastic and when I was shining up my Teryx before I went to Sandfest I realized it was going to get coated in bugs on the windshield, roll bar, headrests and the front of the roof. I just sprayed pledge really thick and I did NOT wipe it off, it stays waxy and wet at least for 200 miles and bugs just kind of added to the wax and when I unloaded I just took a soft cloth and wiped all the Pledge off and no stuck bugs! bonus was a shiny Teryx! :D

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey that is a cool idea. It also helps after some serious mudding. I am curious though thought you loved your teryx why would you subject it to the elements lol. Thanks for the idea I will try it.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Great suggestion, I use WD-40 but the concept is very much the same. Thanks for posting this tip :wave:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
WD40 would suck to get it off the windshield though, and the other issue is dust will stick to the oil. Pledge the dust doesn't stick to.
Well I do not have a windshield, and honestly I have never had a problem with stuff sticking to it.

I can try the pledge though...do you use the lemon scented ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I do not have a windshield, and honestly I have never had a problem with stuff sticking to it.

I can try the pledge though...do you use the lemon scented ;)
Too damned hot for any bugs to live there? Here if we go 50 miles at freeway speeds there is hundreds of bugs stuck to anything in the open. Hell I use it like I would armor all too.

I do use lemon scented but when I find orange scented I'm in for a real treat!

·
Registered
22 Posts
There was definitely some bugs on this Teryx. [URL="http://kawasakiteryx.com]We took it across TN in Hank Williams III's truck.[/URL] That's a great tip!

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
When I was younger, before Armor All, we used to use pledge on the dash,consoles,seats and tires on our cars.( Kinda showing my age ) some things just get better with age!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Guys!

Budweiser uses Pam on their show rigs...keeps the bugs from sticking! It's safe on the paint (all surfaces) and easily washes off when the vehicle is cleaned. Just another idea!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts