Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Do you use a recovery winch? On a truck or UTV? We are getting questions about using our Viper Elite Recovery Winches on UTV's.
Thoughts?
Tim
MotoAlliance

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes. But the big 4x4 recovery winches. Had some people wanting to put an 8000 lb winch on a UTV...
Seems like over kill to me! I have always tried to get my wenchs rated for 2000lbs more than my bike weighs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know.
We will be rolling out our new ELITE series recovery winch sometime towards the end of November. They will be top-notch winches, and yet priced around $700 less than some of our competitors. We'll have them in 8,000lb, 10,000lb, and 12,000lb levels -- complete with AMSTEEL-BLUE cables, wireless remotes, integrated/submersible solenoids, premium line-speed, etc.

I guess I'm wondering how many UTV riders typically use 4x4 recovery winches as well. You guys know better than us. Thanks!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well you can sign me up for 2 lol, one at 12000 for the cummins and a 10000 for the Jeep. You guys have a great product. As for the bigger winches for the UTV's, I looked into this due to the bigger winches being alot cheaper in my area but I came to the conclusion that it would put to much of a burden on our electrical system.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would have to agree with hotrod . The atv & utv winches are supposed to have less amp draw for our smaller electrical systems. You probably could rig up a large dual battery set-up for a large winch , but why ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts