Teryx HQ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 08 with dragonfire cdi, billet tip and now vent clutch/sever duty belt. when I installed the clutch/belt I did the hat also. took it to sand lake agve it a couple hrs nicely the tried to speed, it hooks up much better but am only getting 53 when I used to get 55. tried it again yesturday. same thing on hard pack long flat!!!
I did notince it had quite a bit of deflection< ordered the deflection tool but not here yet> new belt and never touched the belt adjust shims...
I was understanding that the hat/overdriveplate/cap whatever you call it would give instant gains intop speed!!!!???

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
What are you using to measure your speed? GPS, Vapor or Stock speedo?

When you say cap are you referring to the billet clutch cover? That should allow additional belt travel and give you a higher top speed.

I will forward this to Vent Racing on here to see if they can assist.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
am useing stock speedo as i was before install.

yes I am talking about the cover.

I talked with them after the first run last weekend and they thought the engine not having afe and exhaust was the reason I got not more top speed, btu I would think even if it took longer to get there I should have seen some gain!!??

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Ya I am going to have to agree with you on that. The cap allows more belt travel, does not add more power.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thought about that, same tires even put full air in so I was possitive there was no drag there.
I tried to be sure I covered the bases, all I can figure is the new belt is out of adjustment either new or stretched already.???:confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, since my deflection tool is still "in the mail" do you or anybody know how much down pressure you apply to get a correct deflection reading?? the "other forum" I got responces from 10# to 14 # I think I was ever told 8#

a different topic I baught the tool just to get the pressure number, a couple guys that I have talked to said the prices on them is stupid so I got my dealer to give me a great deal so I can use it to design my own with the correct down pressure. them if I can do it without too much machine work I will prob put instruction to build your own on here. I don't beleive anyone sells one aftermarket os it shouldn't affect anyones sales....... correct?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
"You don't need no no stinking belt pressure tool"

This comes from Mickey at Four Stroke Tech, set the deflection so the belt is barely showing above the secondary sheave. You can look in the inspection plate to check it and if you have the cover off you can see it there of course.

I did mine this way.

Todd

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
too bad for me aleady ordered the stinkin tool:confused: along with my piston return springs:laugh:
no seriously what if its sticking out a ways ad a shim but if its down remove ??? is that the theory

1 - 11 of 11 Posts