Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to no what all is involed with 840 kit.Looking into a dragonfire racing kit. For everything ign. exhaust clutch oil cooler jets air intake and install around 5500 good deal or no. Help would be great

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sounds a little steep to me. Contact Mickey on here at Four Stroke Tech for an 840 kit, right around $1500, or his standard bore for a little more than $800. Exhaust, nothing compares to the muzzys for around $800. Get a dyna for $200 or a programable for around $300. Clutch kits are anywhere from $200-$500 depending on what brand and all what you get. Jets are dirt cheap. Intake not needed, just put two TPI valves in lid of stock air box and an aftermarket filter and your done. So for around $3000 in parts you would have at least as much hp, most likely more with these parts vs. what you listed. No idea about install in your area, but Im sure its alot less than $2500!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I was quoted anywhere from 1200 to 1600 for my 840 kit install, rejetting and dyno running - that was just for labor from three different shops.

With all the different things you're looking at...I would say it would probably be around that $5500 ball park too.

Shop labor around here is anywhere from $85 - $120 hour.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
todd.
Thanks for the information I was told the price of $1800 for the stage 3 kit. $595 for the nickelit of the cylinders whatever that is. $900 for the exhaust, Don't need the CDI thanks to you. $265 for intake and $325 for clutch kit. He also said oil cooler would help for a $200. My local Kawasaki shop would do all the work for $1450 and dyno. Also jet kit. A little more info on this. Either way looking around $3000 - $5500 for 840 kit. Is it worth it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts