Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering where are the most eastward desert or desert dunes, I guess if a man wanted to leave Louisianna and go west how far do you have to go to find really good quality desert dunes affter you cross Texas you hit New Mexico, Arizona ???

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just wondering where are the most eastward desert or desert dunes, I guess if a man wanted to leave Louisianna and go west how far do you have to go to find really good quality desert dunes affter you cross Texas you hit New Mexico, Arizona ???
The badlands in northern IN are close to me.. About 4 hrs away. But your way south of KY.

·
Registered
29 Posts
wat part of LA are you in? I'm in East Texas I went to Little Sahara over Memorial weekend in Waynoka OK 1600 acres of dunes and trails. It was AWESOME!!!! I was looking at The Dunes Inc. in LA have you heard of it?
Bubba

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wat part of LA are you in? I'm in East Texas I went to Little Sahara over Memorial weekend in Waynoka OK 1600 acres of dunes and trails. It was AWESOME!!!! I was looking at The Dunes Inc. in LA have you heard of it?
Bubba
Farmerville is about 20 miles north of I-20 just north of Ruston or Monroe or just say about 4.5 hours east of Dallas straight down I20, I am about 1.5 hours east of Shrevport La. Are you close to Dallas or I-20, I have not heard of The Dunes Inc where is it at, how far to the Little Sahara any good places to stay????

·
Registered
18 Posts
Farmerville is about 20 miles north of I-20 just north of Ruston or Monroe or just say about 4.5 hours east of Dallas straight down I20, I am about 1.5 hours east of Shrevport La. Are you close to Dallas or I-20, I have not heard of The Dunes Inc where is it at, how far to the Little Sahara any good places to stay????

duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_little_sahara_ok.htm

just put www in front since it wont let me post a link

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for all of the info, when I get finished with my ride I would like to ride the dunes in the desert when it cools of a little, never experienced it I just run up and down these oil Louisianna country roads, powerlines and pipeline right-a-ways can be pretty cool biggest problem we have is dust thats why you need to be the fastest the man in the front don't see must dust Thanks again for the info will do some research.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm in Nacogdoches which is about 50 miles south of Longview(I20) it took me 9 hrs to get to Waynoka but it was well worth the trip ready to go now. The Dunes are around Alexandrea,LA mapquest says it like 3 hrs from Nacogdoches.
Bubba

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in Nacogdoches which is about 50 miles south of Longview(I20) it took me 9 hrs to get to Waynoka but it was well worth the trip ready to go now. The Dunes are around Alexandrea,LA mapquest says it like 3 hrs from Nacogdoches.
Bubba
Yes I will check on that Alexandria is 2 hours straight south, I have been there many times just never heard of the dunes

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bubba[/QUOTE

The next time I have to go south I will have to go check out these dunes in Alexandria La, I have gone through there many times but all ways on the way to a ball game or somewhere else, I will do some checking and put my eyes on them and let you guys know.

·
Registered
104 Posts
LA Dunes in Forest Hills LA. is quite small. We rode there last July 4th. It was fun to watch the Drag quads run. Not a whole lot of dunes compared to buttercup or glamis. If you need a close place to run in the sand this place would be great for you. There are a few trails that are Teryx friendly. Honestly we do more partying than anything when we go out there. There is also a nice stream that is spring fed. It is nice to go jump in the water and cool off during a Southern July day.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gotya Forest Hill is about 25 miles south of Alexandria on us165 that is the Nursery capital of the south that where all landscapers go to buy there plants, I didn't think it could be alot of dunes around Alex, I think that is almost like sand and gravel pits is how they were originated. You guys keep me posted when ya'll head for a big ride it might be where me and my teryx buddy could check it out not alot of other sxs around here, but of coarse I have got to get off my a-- and get my teryx back together have less than 100 miles on it and it is in about 500 pieces started to many things at once.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts