Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goin out for my first sand run and i m runnin smoothies and paddles..Hows the rex run the dunes ??? 2wd or 4wd??? I ran my rhino in 4wd most of the time ..what kinda luck you havin??

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah cool I give it a shot..i ran eight padles on my rhino and was prolly a little much, gonna try my 3rd season 8eights on rex any one leaning tward 8s cuz of the extra grunt??

·
Registered
66 Posts
i run 26 12 12 with 8 paddles and i run in 2 wheel drive most of the time. unless i come to a tall dune then i run it in 4 wheel drive. in 2 wheel drive it will climb most anything.

·
Registered
282 Posts
im running the stock tires still (aired down to about 4psi) and i am able to climb every hill at dumont except for comp....i make it about 3/4 of the way up before i bury it. also, cant make it up the backside of comp without taking a creative route. almost always in 4 high. will be running the smoothies with 7 paddles this season tho...and a clutch too!

·
Registered
339 Posts
If you find that the car is pushing a little then you can run 4wd to help pull the front end around. Most of the time I am running in 2wd unless we are balls to the wall and then I put it in wd to help the turning a bit.

I am hoping with the new long travel kit that I am testing that the push will go away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts