Teryx HQ banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok it seems everytime i get into water/mud that is bed deep my teryx dies!! i have eveything snorkeled but its still not deep enough that i need the intake snorkeled. Once it dies i can keep turing it over it will crank for a sec then die again, then when i finally get out it will run perfect. I still have the factory pipe without the tip, so between it and the water is that too much back pressure causing the engine to choke out???? will a aftermarket pipe fix this??:confused:

·
Registered
293 Posts
ive put dieelectric grease on everything and mine still dies

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Air box steamed out?
Electrical is supposed to be dielectric greased but check a few other connections.
Exhaust bolts tight?
Dielectric grease in the spark plug boot and seal up around the 2 coils.
Ripped carb boot?

On the Brute Forces you have to tighten the engine mounting bolts once in a while or they shift and that can rip the carb boots.

·
Registered
293 Posts
ive "T"ed those lines into the rear diff vent into the cage as well

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there is two vacum lines off of the carbs that turn into one. Run it high and it should fix your problem.
i ran them up ontop of the intake lid. i tried grease on all connections and it still does it. if it was electrical wouldn it still cut out even when i pulled out the water?? cause the connections would still be wet.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i think its the exhaust doing it,thats the only time mine will die is when the exhaust goes underwater

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would'nt think that its back pressure from water, but I could be wrong, sounds more like a electrical problem. It seems odd that the Teryx is having problems with being waterproof in the electronics, you would think that with Kawasaki being involved with water sports, all connections would be water tight. I've never had a problem with my Prairie, but then again I never really dunk it in that deep.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think its the exhaust doing it,thats the only time mine will die is when the exhaust goes underwater
seems kinda odd that mine and puddle jumpers are the only ones that does it. do you have a tip on the exhaust? wonder if me taking that off would make it die in the water??

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Sure, if you plug the exhaust, the motor will likely die I would think.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i dont have a tip on mine,but i have done a little baffle work

·
Registered
241 Posts
Surely, someone on here is running deep water that could help you out, I just know from the few times I have got in water deep enough to cover the exhaust it did'nt kill the motor. I'm not a mud runner or look for deep crossings, but have got in a few places that caused a little concern. Its kinda weird cause my Prairie has never gave me any problem in water.

·
Registered
293 Posts
kind of frustrating for me as well.i sold my 700 prairie to get my teryx and it was snorkeled and never died in the water?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kind of frustrating for me as well.i sold my 700 prairie to get my teryx and it was snorkeled and never died in the water?
well i took my teryx to red neck games i think i figured it out i noticed that when i kept it on the floor going through high water it didnt die it did die when i would try to ease through the pond though. and it really was dead in the water when you couldn see the dash it was so deep!!!!:D wish i knew who was takin all the pictures i want one!!! i dunno if any of yall have swamped your treyx out yet but if you do it a BIG pain in the a** to get em runnin again!!!! wonder if aftermarket exhaust will fix it??

·
Registered
293 Posts
i dont think theres enough pressure coming out of the exhaust to keep the water out,im sure a pipe would make it better

1 - 17 of 17 Posts