Teryx HQ banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Yep I installed a non programable one in my teryx went from 50mph on the digi dash to 61 mph on the dash

·
Registered
85 Posts
yep,it works well. The only thing is though,...that the 50 mph on a digital dash is only 45 in the real world. A stock teryx will only do 45-47(best condition) on a radar gun. The digitals are dream meters,even the factory one.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
I was wondering, I only had GPS when I did the first testing on the Velocity Device CDI and only got 54 gps and 45 stock. My dyno says 45 stock and 57 with CDI.

I think some of these claims about that are by the digi dash. Hunters Kymco 150 digital dash says he is going 63 but it is more like 40.

·
Registered
99 Posts
CDI Questions

Will the Teryx run too lean with the Dynatek CDI without a jet kit? I am wondering about the long term effects of running this engine leaner than stock. Is a jet kit needed to keep from damaging the engine in the long run? Has anyone done any testing to see what the long term effects are by putting a CDI on the Teryx? Would it be better to run a higher octane gas when using the CDI?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I do not believe that jetting is required when simply installing a CDI.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Todd If You Dont Mind Give Me A Call At 270-670-5422. I Have Tried TO Call You A Couple Of Times About Ordering A Progamable Cdi For My Teryx. Thanks Hunterworks.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hey there, I cannot be sure, however, Todd may be out of the office due to his injury.

You may want to try calling there :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wait Till You Go Back To Work. The Cdi Will Wait. That Leg Needs To Get Better First. Could You Tell Me More About The Timming Curve Your Installing In The Cdi. Thanks For The Reply Todd, Hope You Feel Better Soon.

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I do not believe that jetting is required when simply installing a CDI.
The Teryx was not designed to run at that RPM (CDI Settings) and they are just slightly on the lean side stock . If you mess with the airbox at all you will need to richen it up. If I were goingto run for extended periods wide open at top speed (Mexico etc) I would richen it up slightly.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey Hunter....I have read that the CVT has to be locked out (engaged) to get the proper reading with the air/fuel gauge/?? Can you use one and check the proper mixtures by, say, climbing a long hill at a steady speed at slow, half and full throttle and get the proper readings??? I have read all of your reports and can't figure out how I could use it without a Dyno or someway to lock out the cvt. PM me if the answer is too long to post on here. THANKS.
MIKE

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
The Teryx was not designed to run at that RPM (CDI Settings) and they are just slightly on the lean side stock . If you mess with the airbox at all you will need to richen it up. If I were goingto run for extended periods wide open at top speed (Mexico etc) I would richen it up slightly.
Oh no if you are going to mess with the airbox, then you will absolutely need to richen it up. He was asking if he needed to jet when installing a CDI. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Poor Performance

Ok So I just put on my new CDI Dynatech and my Teryx runs really bad.

I'm getting popping throught the carbs so I put the stock CDI back and runs fine.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
mouser58,

You don't need a dyno for that or the CVT locked out just a stretch of road.

T-Rex,

your CDI might just be bad, it happens in about 1 in 20 in the Dynatek brand.

On the airbox you will need to go with lighter springs in the diaphragm too or the slides won't work right after you open the air box up some.

Read this tech article

Tech Article

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have made no other mods just CDI.

I tried it agian to see and yep runs rough and pops through the carbs.

:(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts