Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While searching for some Teryx stuff on ebay I came across a Dynatek CDI Box and K&N Air Filter for $219. Is this a good deal? Anyone oppose the K&N Air Filter?

Also I have a 2008 TERYX with 34 hrs on it. After reading about the Plenum Ring issue I just bought some from DASA. Is it too late to get them? Is there already damage done? I hope they weight a lot shipping was $15 bucks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
While searching for some Teryx stuff on ebay I came across a Dynatek CDI Box and K&N Air Filter for $219. Is this a good deal? Anyone oppose the K&N Air Filter?

Also I have a 2008 TERYX with 34 hrs on it. After reading about the Plenum Ring issue I just bought some from DASA. Is it too late to get them? Is there already damage done? I hope they weight a lot shipping was $15 bucks!
Yeah, the $15.00 shipping for the rings is a definite rip-off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have always ran k&n never had a problem everthing I own has a k&n make sure you run a outerwear and you will never have a problem.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
WOW, I feel sorry for that guy, is that from riding in the dunes??
Nope riding here in the south, fellow racing buddy, he got a new crank, rods, bearings, pistons, rings etc for his use of the K&N filter.

$2250 and he was back in business, has raced three races since and no dust issues with his UNI filter set up we installed before he left.

·
Registered
375 Posts

:laugh: I think you are ok with the hours and the plenum ring issue. Have you had your carbs off? This plenum issue has become this huge issue and my opinion blown way out of poportion. Look a few people had issues with the plenum.. Probably due to not cleaning the mating surfaces propperly or/and overtightening the clamps. I have alot of mods and a 840 big bore kit and guess what I DONT have the plenum rings.. I know it is a shocker to here some of the stuff thats out there but I am just saying its nothing to worry about. I do have a UNI filter and had my carbs off several times during tuning but I also cleaned the surfaces with a either type product to clean all gas/oil residue off and didnt over torque the clamps. If you due this you cant pull the things off. And also it is a easy check.. Start your bike COLD and spray a little starting fluid around your carb/intake connections and see if the engine idles up. Simple check. Look I am just trying to help felow riders out. I hate to see people spend money OR WORRY about a issue that is really a non issue if done properly.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I for one think the DASA rings are cheap insurance and we don't sell them. If I had a 08 I would have them!!
Todd , I respect your opinion. But honestly have you ever run into this issue in your shop or had a engine failure due to this? Have you ever checked the plenum and tried to physically pulling them off if you propperly clean the mating sufaces and have the proper torque on the clamps? I bet you can almost pick the machine up they are on there so good.. If this was a REAL problem why didnt Kawasaki have a recall or update? Just saying I have never seen a spec of dust in my intake and I ride in some real dusty issues.. I also clean and check my filter and intake after every ride.

·
Registered
76 Posts
For $30.00 from UTV Crap you get all three rings and you dont ever have to worry about it, but I thought the same thing before I bought mine, I coudnt pull them off and I put quite a bit of force on them. Like Todd said (its cheap insurance) these machines cost to much to not do it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts