Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Dynojet jet kit in my Teryx. Out of the hole it is awsome. However at about 47-50 I am missing? and it is faling on its face. Do I need to lean it out a little? I have the mixture screws set at 3 turns out (just as the instructions said). I want to turn them in but I don't want to get them to lean. I have a LAC dual exhaust. Dynotec CDI. do I need more air? Help please.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
At that speed your well into the top end...that means it's too lean up top. What size jets are you running?...If you have the Stage 1 kit then bump up both the front and rear 1 size and then see what it's doing.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
If your using the DynoJet kit? I say second clip like they suggest for below 5000 feet...

If your doing it youself with no DJ kit?...Then shim the stock needle 20 thousandths and cut the stock springs 5 rungs down...:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
If your using the DynoJet kit? I say second clip like they suggest for below 5000 feet...

If your doing it youself with no DJ kit?...Then shim the stock needle 20 thousandths and cut the stock springs 5 rungs down...:D
I am using the Dynojet Q221.001 kit. It recomends the134 and 138. The stock jets I took out are 135 and 140. The clip is on the 2nd ring. I will rejet tonight. We are going to get some snow today so I don't know if that will be a good test in that cold air, when yesterday it was in the mid 60's when I tested it. Heck I will run it anyway. Thanks for the info and Ill let you know.
PS I am tired of this weather in NE Ohio.
Thanks SandJunkie

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I am using the Dynojet Q221.001 kit. It recomends the134 and 138. The stock jets I took out are 135 and 140. The clip is on the 2nd ring. I will rejet tonight. We are going to get some snow today so I don't know if that will be a good test in that cold air, when yesterday it was in the mid 60's when I tested it. Heck I will run it anyway. Thanks for the info and Ill let you know.
PS I am tired of this weather in NE Ohio.
Thanks SandJunkie
You know I called them last week on that and they wouldn't answer me other than to say they had a totally stock Teryx that the kit was based on....I guess no one will give them their built up Teryx's to play with...

And the lead dog there, "Michael" will only answer e-mails...or I'm just not that important...lol...so anyways the guy hasn't answered my e-mail either...we may never know why they went so small

Just for kicks I am going to start playing with a Dyno Jet Brute Force kit later this week...might even run it on the dyno afterwards just to see what is going on there...:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well......... I put the other jets in 142 and 146 I didn't run it down the road due to the snow we were receiving at the time. It looks like it may be a couple of days before it has cleared up enough to give it a test.. I am still looking for the right Clutch set up to purchase. How about it guys is it Dalton-VForce John - EPI-???
I mostly ride trails and do a little hill climbing, crawling, I have over 100 hours on the Machine with no belt problems yet, However I do think it is time for a belt change or adjustment. I have a new severe duty belt I purchased from Tod. I was just saveing it for the Clutch change.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I say Dalton, hands down. Oh wait, it is the only one I sell. LOL.

I like the Dalton because it is adjustable, it is NOT a brute force kit like EPI and it has less belt heat.

If I thought the EPI was a viable option, I would put them on my order when I order belts from them.

If I sold both, you would ask which is better and I would say Dalton then you would say, "Why do you sell the EPI then?" My only answer would be, "I need the money"

I'm hardheaded!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tod .. LOL I was leaning that way.. But I just wanted some input. I just don't know much about what V_Force John is producing. It sounds like a good product. Did you get them in (Dalton clutch) stock yet?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the snow melted. I tryied the 142 in the front and 146 in the rear. now i have a miss all the way through mid range. I am going a little smaller. Unless anyone has another solution.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I thought a 138 & 142 might do the trick. But I am confused at the missing all the way through the mid...stumbling or "four stroking" maybe...but a miss?...Thats weird...drop the jet size and let us know...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought a 138 & 142 might do the trick. But I am confused at the missing all the way through the mid...stumbling or "four stroking" maybe...but a miss?...Thats weird...drop the jet size and let us know...
I put the 138 and 142 in tonight it stumbled thru mid range then fell on its face and cut out with full throtle at 52mph. The plugs were showing lean. I guess i will fatten them back up. Then see what the plugs look like. I guess I am trying to fix it all at once with the jets and trusting the mid range to be correct. That shi___t is not going to happen.
And your right Sandjunkie I was using the wrong terms. (Stumbling not missing). I will check voltage and ohms on the coils tomorrow. I am looking for a coil set up also, at Summit.

Thanks for the input.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Glad we could help...:D
Not that it makes all that much of difference, but like we talked about today, I have the Dynojet kit and am running 205 and 210 main jets on mine :good: I think that is the staggering they have.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts