Teryx HQ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is any real advantage to disconnecting or removing the EBC, I thinking about installing a Dalton clutch kit with over drive cover, but I don't have any issues still with still having it (EBC). Hunterworks sells a cover that still uses it, so that's the one I'm looking at. Just wanted to hear what the experts say:laugh:

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
I was wondering if there is any real advantage to disconnecting or removing the EBC, I thinking about installing a Dalton clutch kit with over drive cover, but I don't have any issues still with still having it (EBC). Hunterworks sells a cover that still uses it, so that's the one I'm looking at. Just wanted to hear what the experts say:laugh:
Maybe 1 out of 100 of my customers ever wanted it on,and that 1 found out he didn't need it either,but everyone is different.JMO

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I do not have mine connected...honestly, I kinda thought it was a pain. Guess I weighed the benefits and the EBC lost, lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks, I appreciate the input, I would think in the dunes it would help going down some of the tall dunes, but on the trails I dont see it doing much, jury is still out but thanks, but Im still curious if there is any gains from removing it ?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
There are no gains to removing it as I see it, personal preference. THe KEBC only comes into play under 5mph.

The cool thing about our cover is you can use it or not. Where if you buy one that requires you to remove it and you don't like it then your out the money for the cover.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are no gains to removing it as I see it, personal preference. THe KEBC only comes into play under 5mph.

The cool thing about our cover is you can use it or not. Where if you buy one that requires you to remove it and you don't like it then your out the money for the cover.
Thanks for the info, I figured you would have the correct info. Thats why I was looking at yours, just for the reason of having the choice. thanks again :wave:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have to say I must have gotten used to it. I was at the cinders in flagstaff and I started to come down a STEEP hill REAL slow and it was like it popped into neutral. Kinda scared the crap out of me.

I still wont put it back in, but if your already spoiled it can catch you off guard.:eek:

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
thanks, I appreciate the input, I would think in the dunes it would help going down some of the tall dunes, but on the trails I dont see it doing much, jury is still out but thanks, but Im still curious if there is any gains from removing it ?
Your not going to want it out in the dunes for sure...that's all we ride and you don't want ANYTHING to make you lose momentum out there. Your engine will still brake you...not like the EBC but more like the drag on a quad. MY rock crawling buddies say they still like it...but we took ours off and have never looked back...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im thinking Ill leave it on for now, mainly becuase of other people I let drive it that are not very experianced. Id rather them not get scared or feel out of control So when Im ready to do the clutch Ill get Hunterworks overdrive unit. Thanks for Ill the input everone !!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts