Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok:confused: To all electricians, I just installed 3 HIDs on my teryx, for the time being i just wanted to get them on so I could go for a night trip we had, I put all three lights on the same switch with a relay. the teryx ran great all night, would not have the lights on when not running and would only turn them on when running, but out of nowhare it just shut off:mad: I tried to start and nothing, when tring to turn klights on only one of the three would come on, we ended up jump starting it and it ran fine but I was not able to use any lights, noit even my headlights, I need some goood advise inn regards to fixing my problems, any and all help would be appreciated:confused:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Where did you pull the temporary power for the lights from? were you able to use your headlights after disconnecting the aftermarket lights. were the new lights wired in series? if so whicth one came on and was it fully bright?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Sounds like you simply ran your battery down to the point the CDI stop firing the plug.

What wattage are the lights?

At least get a volt meter and when it drops below 11 while running turn the lights off.

Getting a bigger battery is not the fix.

Todd
Agree... Common issue with extra lights and we have see some factory battery being real POS.

We are almost done with the 500 watt stator...

Test results.
http://www.teryxhq.com/forums/side-x-side-customs/2403-500-watt-stator-3.html

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob, I only have three HIDS which I bought from Rigid, I don,t have naything else. I do have them all on one switch for now (temp) just so I could go on the night ride and they wern't even on when I stopped. I still have a whip and one more light to put on.:mad:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Grey, I did not disconnect my headlights, I ran the power to the HIDS straight to the battery from a relay switch that came with the lights, When everything shut down I did not even run my headlights, I went out the following day and the stupid thing started right up. In regards to the lights it was random which one came on and which one didn't, sometimes 2 came on and sometimes 1 came on, so i don't know. When it comes to electrical that is one thing I'll admitt I don't have a clue.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Do you have your stock lights still hooked up? If you only have the 3 HID lights hooked up check your battry and connections.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea I still have my stock lights hooked up,:D i didn't check any of my connections:confused:, maybe i should do that, its just frustrating when three lights at that cost can't be ran.:mad:

·
Registered
53 Posts
i will have my multimeter this week. i get off at 9 so i can come over. call me tomorrow to remind me and what we'll do is turn the 3 hid's on with the stockers off and check the readings. then we'll go from there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts