Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading old threads about disconecting the wire for the engine brake to disable it. I was wondering if there was a way to rig it up on a switch on the dash so you could turn it on and off on the fly. I like the brake at high speeds but when im crawling its jerky and drives me crazy. I have a 2009 Monster Energy EFI

·
Registered
101 Posts
I believe the engine brake only works under 5mph for down hill and such. Some one correct me if im wrong. That is the way I understand it from doing my own research. The jerk you are feeling my be because the teryx is known for a soft throttle spring. Many cut coils off it or replace it with a firmer one and have the problem solved. A remote switch still may be an interesting alternative to removing it completly though for the part time duners.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
even without a stronger spring or pedel extensions it would be much easer to feather the throttle downhill without the brake constantly cuting in and out. I would experiment a bit with the switch but I figured I would see if anyone has done this or knows exactly what wire from the conector the switch would have to be on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I beleive the engine brake and the elctric brake are two differant things, you will always have the engine brake wich is the drag you feel when letting off the gas, and the electric brake works at 5mph or less which is the jerking that you feel. I am also wondering if you can just unplug it or put it on a toggle switch, I dont like it at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well I am not real sure, but if it is a 2 wire connector you should be able to just wire a toggle switch in either wire it shouldnt really matter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts